Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MVP of WWE for 2005

• 22-12-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Most valuable player/ wrestler for the WWE. Simple as that.For me this year it would be Shawn Michaels. On the mic, in the ring he's been consistently really good. So I'd give it to him. Angle also had a good year after a previous year riddled with injuries.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would be between Michaels and Angle but I would give it to Angle because aside from his great matches with Shawn at WM21, Vengeance and Raw's homecoming, he has also done alot to put Cena over as the WWE champion, including losing to him cleanly at Survivor Series. He's been a bit of an unsung hero and the fans have been getting behind him which forced the WWE into resorting to bleeping out the crowd, pairing him with Daivari, beating up Maria, criticising US troops etc.

If you factor in before he came to Raw, he helped put over JBL in his match at the Royal Rumble for the WWE title at the start of the year and he put over John Cena in the No 1 contender match at No Way out.

Angle gets it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

For me it's between Michaels and Angle with Angle shading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It would be between Michaels and Angle but I would give it to Angle because aside from his great matches with Shawn at WM21, Vengeance and Raw's homecoming, he has also done alot to put Cena over as the WWE champion, including losing to him cleanly at Survivor Series. He's been a bit of an unsung hero and the fans have been getting behind him which forced the WWE into resorting to bleeping out the crowd, pairing him with Daivari, beating up Maria, criticising US troops etc.

If you factor in before he came to Raw, he helped put over JBL in his match at the Royal Rumble for the WWE title at the start of the year and he put over John Cena in the No 1 contender match at No Way out.

Angle gets it for me.

Mark the time and date, for this is the first time I have ever agreed with an entire post from MNG.

Though The way HBK fueded with Hogan, and seemlessly went back face again was class.

However, no doubt we will be told differently by a wwe poll, and Cena will be the MVP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    Mark the time and date, for this is the first time I have ever agreed with an entire post from MNG.

:eek:

I think a pig just flew by my window!
    gimmick wrote:
    However, no doubt we will be told differently by a wwe poll, and Cena will be the MVP :rolleyes:

Yeah wasn't Orton named the best wrestler of last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Definitely Angle.

And the fact he did'nt actually hold a world title in '05, despite being in about half a dozen Main Event PPV title matches, is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I really don't think that angle has been overly great this year, he'd gone stale on smackdown, and now on raw, he's not overly impressing me. (that's not to say I'm not a fan of his, but I do think he's been better). I would put my vote behind Batista. I think his presence on smackdown has elevated more than a few notches. JBL is also worth a mention, I know ... his ring skills are lacking, but, his mic skills are out of the ballpark (as they say), but his long title reign brought a bit of respect back to the belt, and we were all looking forward to the day he dropped it (although I'd love to see him hold it again).

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Hate to sound like a broken record but I would have to say kurt angle, although kudos to batista for a late season turnaround, he is now starting to actually look like a world champion. Christian before he left having a great year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Shawn Michaels for me. Just a few of the reasons:

1. He was able to turn heel for a month, then turn straight back face with no trouble at all. Cut some great promos during that period.

2. He carried Hogan to his first great match in ages at SummerSlam.

3. Had the match of the year with Kurt Angle at WrestleMania. This included some of the best selling of the ankle lock that I've ever seen.

4. Had two more great matches with Angle at Vengeance and Raw Homecoming.

5. Had one of the best matches of the year with Shetlon Benjamin on Raw.

6. Had good matches with the likes of John Cena, Carlito, JBL and Chris Masters.

Yeah, HBK is definatly my man for this year :D

Advertisement