Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max number of rounds allowed

Options
  • 22-12-2005 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

If you look at the firearm cert For vermin cotrol the one with "NONE" in the condition line
    "subject to condition none below"
    does that mean the 100 round limit is a condition that you are not subject to?:confused::confused:
    I asume it does not but it chould be argued it is not a codition i am subject to.
    And what is the max no of rounds you can have.I have heard of up to 10,000 rounds :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

100 is default.I looked for and fought for 1000 for pistol.If you are going to get really serious and buy batch ammo from manufacturer minimun buy is 10000 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭scout

if i look for say 500 rounds can the gardai come back and say no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Very definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

maybe its the end of the country i come from but i never seen it as a big offence to have more ammo thats on your licence. I mean ive bought a carton of clay cartridges for a bit of casual shooting with me mates i dont see the problem with it

civdef wrote:
    Very definitely.

on what grounds????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Is 500 not the standard number of rounds now in line with Euro laws? I think its 500 they have to put on the Europass so therefore you can't have less than that on your domestic certificate?

I could be wrong........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

For pistol rounds it's 500. But I've seen this bumped up to 1000 on one license..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

100 is still the default amount on PULSE for a cert, and some supers won't increase this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

100 rounds is the default amount. Having more than this leaves you open to a charge under the firearms acts. If you wish to have more, you apply to your local garda station for an increase in writing, stating the reason for such increase. This is then approved or not by your local super and the pulse system is updated. The Europass system has a minimum amount of 500 rounds and if you get a Europass, you have a reason for an increase in your domestic license. However, not everyone has a Europass.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote:
    The Europass system has a minimum amount of 500 rounds and if you get a Europass, you have a reason for an increase in your domestic license. However, not everyone has a Europass.
    True - but don't forget, everyone with a licence is entitled to a europass, as in, if a licence holder asks for one, it must be issued.

• Advertisement

Going a little of topic.

Europass. How do you apply for it? What do you have to have to get one? How long does it take to get? Roughly.

I know a certain amount on getting one, just want to see what other people have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Riggser wrote:
    Going a little of topic.

Europass. How do you apply for it? What do you have to have to get one? How long does it take to get? Roughly.

I know a certain amount on getting one, just want to see what other people have to say.

Go in to youre local Cop Shop, and ask youre FO for one its like 4 euro you will need two passport photos and it only take two mins to do :D

Happy X - MAS

Would the intention to apply for euro pass be grounds for a 500 round limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

DDLR wrote:
    Go in to youre local Cop Shop, and ask youre FO for one its like 4 euro you will need two passport photos and it only take two mins to do :D

Happy X - MAS

Supposed to be for free???

Ah here. I'll do it myself, everyone relax.

Riggser wrote:
    You just ask for it from your local station. If you have a licence, you are automatically entitled by law to both an article 7 and a europass. It's free, you will need to give them a passport photo (or two, I can't remember it's been so long since I got mine) though.

My Europass was free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Mine was 4Euro!! lol Fark it

scout wrote:
    If you look at the firearm cert For vermin cotrol the one with "NONE" in the condition line
    "subject to condition none below"
    does that mean the 100 round limit is a condition that you are not subject to?:confused::confused:

Still any answer wheather "none" refers to the 100 limit, seams like it does

Put it this way scout; feel like going to the High Court on the matter? :D

• Advertisement

Fair enough supose its just another one of the unknows

Advertisement