Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Scientist 2006

• 22-12-2005 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Heya!
    Just wondering if anyone's doing the Y.S. this year?!? If so what's your project on, what section etc?!? Im assessing the calcium intake of teenage girls & projecting the future health care costs & im in the intermediate social science section:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Could have sworn I had replyed to this already, but anyway, I put in a project about studying and the effects worrying about exams has on your exam performance, but it didn't get accepted. It was a pretty crap idea. It involved very little work so I decided to give it a shot.
    Might think up a different idea for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

This thread is in the CTYI forum as well is all Diarmsquid.

But yeah. No young scientist for me... it's odd, since other years have submitted teams and all before but no teachers or anything have even mentioned it to us the in the last four years... =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭kirving

I submitted a project and got accepted, havents done the actual tests yet but its called "Do Isotonic Sports Drinks Really Deliver What They Promise"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'll be hanging around for the three public days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) giving out IQ tests (and stickers, and pens) at the Mensa booth. Just stop by and ask for Kevin or talk to the guy who looks 16 as opposed to the middle-aged people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Well, if there are free pens, I'm there! Though, I'm already kind of in mensa, so recruitment possibilities are low....

• Advertisement

*Waves pens*

Eh? Eh?! Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh?! ;)

C'maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I'm not doing it in '06, might do it in '07 though. I've a few ideas, most to do with computers. Most too far-fetched. One (called "reproducible everything". I haven't thought about it much, and I don't think it'll be done by anyone anytime soon, if it's even possible (and I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I don't know much about chemistry)) that has the possibility to either really screw the world up (think P2P) or fix alot of problems (think P2P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I did it in '04. I didn't like it much but thought it was something I should be able to say I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 x_TC_x

I'll be hanging around for the three public days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) giving out IQ tests (and stickers, and pens) at the Mensa booth. Just stop by and ask for Kevin or talk to the guy who looks 16 as opposed to the middle-aged people.

Where abouts was that? x

It was in the rear-right corner of the Industries Hall. Near the bathroom. With all the Mensa signs around? Yeah.

• Advertisement

Near the free yo yo stall? lol x

No, the other hall with company stands.

No, the other hall with company stands.

Down the back where all the universities and stuff had stands? x

Correct.

Correct.