Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Morgue??

Options
  • 22-12-2005 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey all

Need some help....anybody know of a place either bar/club called the Morgue in Dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Think its in templeogue or terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

Yeah Templeogue Village to be exact

Just down from Templeogue Bridge (depending on where your coming from)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's in Templeogue Village. Better known as the Templeogue Inn.

Take the 15/15B from College Street or the 49/49A/65/65B from College Green (in front of the Ulster Bank) and you'll see the Templeogue Inn - a red building with a restuarant above it and a Maxol Station across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

It's in Templeogue Village, from town get a 65/B, 15B, 49. They stop right outside, can't remember if there's more than that. But they do, I know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Thanks guys

Would ye recommend it as a good spot?? Atmosphere any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not too bad at all. Quite comfy and friendly. Good mix of young and old crowds. And there's a chipper two doors away when you fall out of the pub.

yeah great spot

real good atmosphere

... and a nice smokin area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

On a slightly related note, I heard once on the news that a body was being kept "at the Dublin morgue in Marino". I live in Marino and have never come across a morgue, is there actually there? Google isn't too helpful.

There's often wannabe scumbags outside though. Many a time when I've just been walking throught the Village they've tried to start on me. And I'm fairly tall, and an athlete so look like I've a bit of strength. Just a warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Cheers to all for the help. Thanks for the advice Squirrel, Pixie by name and nature so I'll try and round up some heavies before I get there!!

Thanks again all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Diarmsquid wrote:
    On a slightly related note, I heard once on the news that a body was being kept "at the Dublin morgue in Marino". I live in Marino and have never come across a morgue, is there actually there? Google isn't too helpful.

The morgue is at the Fire Brigade training centre on the Malahide road.

Squirrel wrote:
    There's often wannabe scumbags outside though. Many a time when I've just been walking throught the Village they've tried to start on me. And I'm fairly tall, and an athlete so look like I've a bit of strength. Just a warning

Hey! I don't start on everyone that passes... we pick them randomly :p

Damn you man! If you ever see a slightly stooped around 6 footer avoid him, I hear he's crazy :p

'tis an alright place, and the Italian restaurant across the road is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Squirrel wrote:
    In Templeogue Village?? I wouldn't be too put off by any little tracksuits you see around there, about all they're doing is trying to get people to go in to buy them cigarettes.

The Italian is closed, Little Venice. It's called Paparazzi now.

The Morgue is a great pub, but it's very much a local. It's more a place of conversation than anything else. They serve a pretty sharp pint of Guinness too.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

annnnd they used to bring dead bodies there, what more could you want?
    atmosphere in bucketfuls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pixie4 wrote:
    Thanks guys

Would ye recommend it as a good spot?? Atmosphere any good?

I hear it's pretty dead....

(*Tumbleweed)

Lodgepole wrote:
    In Templeogue Village?? I wouldn't be too put off by any little tracksuits you see around there, about all they're doing is trying to get people to go in to buy them cigarettes.

The Italian is closed, Little Venice. It's called Paparazzi now.

The Morgue is a great pub, but it's very much a local. It's more a place of conversation than anything else. They serve a pretty sharp pint of Guinness too.

I know it's Paparazzi now, I live just up the road, going there for lunch tomorrow in fact :D

Other buses go near enough to it, and you're grand getting a taxi to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Back to the Topic: The place is a dead horse if your thinking of going out and actually enjoying yourself. If however you want to sit with the gran and have some spuds and watch all your second level teachers skull the pints "The Morgue" is the place to go. The atmosphere from the other patrons is cold and the seating is uncomfortable compared to most modern bars.
    The smoking section is often fill with "rugger buggers" as is the rest of the bar. Its nothing special and I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Now Brady's in Terenure just up the road is a much better spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Grimes wrote:
    Back to the Topic: The place is a dead horse if your thinking of going out and actually enjoying yourself. If however you want to sit with the gran and have some spuds and watch all your second level teachers skull the pints "The Morgue" is the place to go. The atmosphere from the other patrons is cold and the seating is uncomfortable compared to most modern bars.
    The smoking section is often fill with "rugger buggers" as is the rest of the bar. Its nothing special and I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Now Brady's in Terenure just up the road is a much better spot.

It's called the morgue because it's where people who were hit by the tram were brought back in the day. Or so the story goes.

The morgue is a good laugh, very casual local and generally a good atmosphere. As with most pubs, its about the people you go with.

Only been in Brady's a few times, the first few I was underage, the other times it was filled with underage people. So not its biggest fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Grimes wrote:
    The atmosphere from the other patrons is cold and the seating is uncomfortable compared to most modern bars.
    You do realise what you just said:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement