Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Dog Is Driving Us Mad!!

Options
  • 22-12-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Our next door neighbours are renting the house. They're dog never stops barking during the day, at night it stops but then starts again at about 7.30am. We contacted their landlord and he's wrote to them to get it sorted. They never bring the dog for a walk and its neglected, its confined to their side entrance and has no access to their back garden, it did at one stage when it had no shelter during the day and only the shed at night, we complained to the DSPCA and they called around and gave the neighbours 24hours notice to get a kennel, when they did they put the kennel and dog in the side entrance. We've called into them numerous times and they said "what can we do about it we're at work all day", thats BS because the dog barks even when they're there.

Can anyone offer any advice what we should do next? Oh another thing, they never clean up after the dog does his "business" so you can imagine what the side entrance is like, that has to be a health & safety hazard. We've contacted the DSPCA again about the confined space the dog is living in and the mess thats not cleaned up, we're waiting for them to call around.

I would appreciate any advice anyone would have on what we could do next with the neighbours or the landlord.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Funny that a few months back my mom said i wish that dog would shut up (few doors up) and that got me thinking then, i can remember the dog barking during the day and into the evening for well at least 10 years and i have NEVER once seen the dog EVER. Never took any notice of it till she mentioned it. Its not like we are next door (can only hear it in the garden/back of the house when house it quiet etc.) but if i was i'd go mad.

Sounds like you have done almost all you can. However if the dog is barking all day and the sound level is above X can you get them on noise pollution??... however this is pretty much waging war.

Advertisement