Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe kid on a stingray:bmx ala dogtown & z boys

Options
  • 23-12-2005 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Ye may or may not know about this doucomentary thats available form tomorrow in region 2 from alansbmx.com.Its bacically the story of bmx,right from the start to the present day and has riding footage and interviews of all the top pros,from the past and the present.

I ordered it from danscomp.com,but they were sold out of it and I never got it.Hope to get it in a new year online sale somewhere.

Has anyone actually seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

wideangle wrote:
    Ye may or may not know about this doucomentary thats available form tomorrow in region 2 from alansbmx.com.Its bacically the story of bmx,right from the start to the present day and has riding footage and interviews of all the top pros,from the past and the present.

I ordered it from danscomp.com,but they were sold out of it and I never got it.Hope to get it in a new year online sale somewhere.

Has anyone actually seen it?

Ummm, i may be wrong but i have watched Dog Town And Z boys and it is in fact a documentary on the start of skating :confused: . No BMX'ing that i no of.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Which is why he said its "BMX ala Dogtown...". Its about BMX'ing in the same way Dogtown is about skateboarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

MYOB wrote:
    Which is why he said its "BMX ala Dogtown...". Its about BMX'ing in the same way Dogtown is about skateboarding.

Ohhh, thought i wasn't getting his title :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I just ordered it from alans bmx, so Ill let ye know what its like after Ive watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Well I recieved Joe kid in the post yesterday and watched it last night after work.It is a very good film documenting the beginnings of the sport.Interviews throughout with all the top pros down through the years.It teaches alot of new things,that I did not know like Eddie Fiola was the first guy to drill his stem bolt to allow the bars to spin without brake cables getting tangled,Bob Haro invented freestyle riding,you see a interview with the first guy to ride a pool on a bmx.
    If there is one film you buy on dvd this year this has to be it!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement