Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME's sale started early

Options
  • 23-12-2005 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up Monkey Ball (€20), Silent Hill 4 (€12.99) and Pariah (€12.99) for the Xbox yesterday, also got The Warriors for my brother for €39.99. Seems to be some genuine bargains in there - a nice change from their gouging prices.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, noticed a lot of redutions passing by one last night. Tbh, while I think Game gouges on new releases but they do do some good bargains when they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

I like the whole 2 for 30Euro ot 3 for 15Euro thing can find some excellent classics if you get there early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

it hasnt really started early this is when it always starts.

CoD2 collectors edition on pc for 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ht epos above was my info i just never signed my brothers a/c out

I picked up Monkey Ball (€20), Silent Hill 4 (€12.99) and Pariah (€12.99) for the Xbox yesterday, also got The Warriors for my brother for €39.99. Seems to be some genuine bargains in there - a nice change from their gouging prices.

i dont seee what youre on about i do a competitor check in work nearly every week and the only things SOME places have cheaper stuff is the xbox 360 games. pc games are cheaper than everywhere else. chart and new titles are no different. everyone whines and whines about game but they whined and whined about dawson st being closed for 3 weeks too. bunch of hypocrites tbh.

few other good deals in the sales too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Went in there last night and PES4 (which I bought on Monday in the 2 for €40) is now €7.98. Bah Humbug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

evad_lhorg wrote:

i dont seee what youre on about i do a competitor check in work nearly every week and the only things SOME places have cheaper stuff is the xbox 360 games. pc games are cheaper than everywhere else. chart and new titles are no different. everyone whines and whines about game but they whined and whined about dawson st being closed for 3 weeks too. bunch of hypocrites tbh.

few other good deals in the sales too

GAME routinely charge €5 to €10 more than Smyths and Xtra-Vision/Xtra-Game for new releases. Almost all their PSP games are €10 more than Xtra-Game's and many of their second hand prices are the exact same as the new games cost in other shops - €50 for Pro Evo 5 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

evad_lhorg wrote:

I always shop around and see what the best price is for the game I am looking for , then go into Game and get them to do a 'price match' , which they are only too happy to do . Last week I bought "The Movies" in there for one of my kids for xmas , it was 49.99 but HMV had it for 42.99 so they matched it .

Why do I do this ? , cause Game is the biggest stockist of pc games in Limerick and I try to support so they keep their stocks up .In the other stores here , the PC Game sections are getting smaller and smaller .

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

evad_lhorg wrote:

Not quite true down the rebel county. Although I agree with you that game bashing gets pretty old they do routinely overcharge for new releases across all systems, most immediate example outside the X360 was when I got CIV IV for 55 in game versus 40 everywhere else.

Right now though I saw all 3 prince of persia games for 40euro in game in mahon point which is pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

jonski wrote:
    Why do I do this ? , cause Game is the biggest stockist of pc games in Limerick and I try to support so they keep their stocks up .In the other stores here , the PC Game sections are getting smaller and smaller .
    Thats cause no one is buying them, if you keep doing that there will eventully be no where else around to price match with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

evad_lhorg wrote:

i dont think anything can explain 80eur for perfert dark zero which i saw in game in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Is Sould Caliber III reduced, by any chance?

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i dont think anything can explain 80eur for perfert dark zero which i saw in game in cork

which was my original point. the only thing youll really find cheaper is the 360 games which have now also been knocked down to the same price as most other places. i was in smyths and hmv and gamestop today and GAME has much cheaper handheld games 5-10 euro in the difference. console games seemed to be different in some area only by five euro on some games but game were cheaper on other new releases. back catalog games..... ha!!! 54.99 for psi ops in gamestop... eh how about 25 or cheaper in game. there is plenty game have cheaper than other places so stop whinging about them.

and whoever matched that movies deal for you was a fool anyway cause that was hmvs deal of the week. not notice other games at 42.99 or 32.99? then the following week back up to 55? i see it every week cause i do the competitor checks every week and i know!

Slurms wrote:
    Is Sould Caliber III reduced, by any chance?

and no unfortunately.... dont think many fighting games are worth 55 euro tbh. not enough in them really.

Right now though I saw all 3 prince of persia games for 40euro in game in mahon point which is pretty decent.

eh pretty decent? i think the word great price comes to mind there.

im not biased here at all. sure i work for the company but i couldnt give two poos about em tbh. they pay me. thats what matters to me.(discount too;) ) i agree with the 360 price thing being ridiculous and if i didnt get a discount i would have got myself on two buses or whatever out to harvey norman to pick em up for 60 or 65. but people are just going a bit over board and exagerating on everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

For any PC gamers, PC World are going to have Footie Manager 2006 from Stephen's Day for €29.99, €20 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

evad_lhorg wrote:

and whoever matched that movies deal for you was a fool

or maybe he was just a decent chap , plus he cleared it with the manager , so maybe they figured that it was better to get 42.99 of me than nothing at all , plus a bit of goodwill .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i always find shopping around wit the major shops: game, symths, virgin, hmv, gamespot etc real can find some bargins :p wats 50 in one cud easily be 35 in another (same for dvds/cds).
    got nothing agasint game its just as simple as this, if its cheaper somewhere else then i go there
    cudnt b arsed with price comparsion...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Originally posted by evad_lhorg
    im not biased here at all. sure i work for the company but i couldnt give two poos about em tbh. they pay me. thats what matters to me.(discount too ) i agree with the 360 price thing being ridiculous and if i didnt get a discount i would have got myself on two buses or whatever out to harvey norman to pick em up for 60 or 65. but people are just going a bit over board and exagerating on everything else.

Well no offence but I think you're hugely biased TBH. Why would you give a crap about coming on here sticking up for the company if you weren't? I work for a company who are I've seen slagged on Boards before but I couldn't be bothered getting involved because, even though I work for them, I agree with what is being said.
    Originally posted by evad_lhorg
    the only thing youll really find cheaper is the 360 games which have now also been knocked down to the same price as most other places. i was in smyths and hmv and gamestop today and GAME has much cheaper handheld games 5-10 euro in the difference. console games seemed to be different in some area only by five euro on some games but game were cheaper on other new releases. back catalog games..... ha!!! 54.99 for psi ops in gamestop... eh how about 25 or cheaper in game. there is plenty game have cheaper than other places so stop whinging about them.

I think people have every right to whinge. Cheaper handheld games!? I went shopping around for Liberty City Stories. GAME were 59.99, Xtravision 54.99 and Argos just 44.99. That's a 25% saving I made, quite a considerable sum.

I also went shopping around for Pro Evo 5 and picked it up for 49.99 in HMV when GAME were 59.99. That's another 10 euro saving which means I saved 25 euro on two games by not buying them in GAME.

I will admit that they have their good offers every now and again, like Brothers In Arms last week, but they are a rip-off for new releases or trading in games. They offered me 25 euro for my Spiderman on PSP pre-owned, while they were selling them on the shelves for 49.99 when the game new was 59.99.

People are entitled to whinge and warn others about being ripped off so if you don't like it, just ignore it.

Advertisement