Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed limit change at end of M50 (before Airport / M1 turnoff)

Options
  • 23-12-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the speed limit changes from 120km/h to (I think it's 100km/h) just at the end of the M50 near the turnoff for the M1 / airport? I've googled it and tried searching here but can't find a thing..

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

it changes from 120 to 80 or 60 as far as i know mate

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Cheers. Do those speed cameras have to flash you if you get caught, or do they sometimes not bother with the flash? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stop worrying about it-theres nothing you can do about it at this stage and no amount of speculation on this forum will change anything.
    Keep an eye on the post......
    Kippy

Man your grand. the speed limit is 120 at the speed camera it doesnt change for a fair bit after the camera. Plus i dont think that camera even works. however if it flashe dyou were cuaght. if it didnt your grand

I'm just hoping I didn't, I was doing about 54 -55 mph taking the turnoff for the M1.

• Advertisement

I dont get ya. there is no camera at the turn off. its a good 40 cars back in the distance to the end of the speed camera line. i take that route everyday mate. ur grand

blahblah06 wrote:
    Man your grand. the speed limit is 120 at the speed camera it doesnt change for a fair bit after the camera. Plus i dont think that camera even works. however if it flashe dyou were cuaght. if it didnt your grand

Thanks I hope you're right.. I thought the speed signs for 80km/h were before the camera (the 'get in lane' signs) but maybe that was something else altogether.

Now that I think about it the speed camera going the opposite way (southbound) is in a 120km/h zone too so I'd say you're right (hopefully).

Thanks lads.

Trant to ease your mind go that route again. Im telling ya now the speed camera is 120 kph and afte rit is 80. sure everyone would be getting caught at that rate. ive did 110 often at that camera. dont worry

blahblah06 wrote:
    I dont get ya. there is no camera at the turn off. its a good 40 cars back in the distance to the end of the speed camera line. i take that route everyday mate. ur grand

So the speed camera is let's say 1km before the turnoff itself, defo in a 120km/h zone?

Phew!

Yep 100% mate. Im sure someone else will confirm this.

Speed camera
    120kph
    end of speed camera
    80kph---turn of for airport.

Hope that helps? HAHA

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Appreciate it blahblah06.

No worries. Next time dont worry so much. if it happens it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Yeah I take this route daily and I often whizz past that speed camera @ 119kph:D :D

The 80kph zone starts about half a mile after it and YES this camera IS on and functioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm presumin the speed reduction is so that cars don't lose control trying to around that bend at 120kph

yep :o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

I dont think it even works i went through it on the back of my mates Bandit touching 130mph(not by choice he was trying to scare me and it worked!!) and it didnt flash we were passing my mate in his car at the time...dont take my word for it but!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

It started back working today. Saw lots of people get whacked by it. It hasnt been working for yonks - but it is now....

Trust me, this camera is on and functioning, whether or not they have a film in it is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I've seen it work alright. But I think they have only 3 cameras for whatever number of fixed locations that they have. So the camera may be in it one day and not the next depending on how they rotate them through the system. The spped limit at the camera is 120K. It reduces to 80 at the overhead gantry and then down to 60 at the approach to the roundabout. It is 80 on the slip road to the M1 as far as I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

blahblah06 wrote:

If a speed camera flashes, I don't think you are necessarily caught. The one at Lissenhall on the N1 southbound flashed when I passed it a couple of times last year and I'm still waiting to hear from them. It's a 80kph zone and i was doing about 100 kph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Litcagral wrote:
    If a speed camera flashes, I don't think you are necessarily caught. The one at Lissenhall on the N1 southbound flashed when I passed it a couple of times last year and I'm still waiting to hear from them. It's a 80kph zone and i was doing about 100 kph.

means there was no film in it...simple as that...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

stag39 wrote:
    means there was no film in it...simple as that...:rolleyes:

I took it that by "caught" the poster meant fined/convicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Litcagral wrote:
    I took it that by "caught" the poster meant fined/convicted.

you will only be caught/fined/prosecuted if u pass the camera/'s doing more than the posted speed limit and the camera flashes at you and then only if the camera has some film in it!! (to provide evidence in court);)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

toffeapple wrote:
    I dont think it even works i went through it on the back of my mates Bandit touching 130mph(not by choice he was trying to scare me and it worked!!) and it didnt flash we were passing my mate in his car at the time...dont take my word for it but!!
    You didn't see it because the doppler effect shifted the light out of the visible spectrum! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have seen it flash before. but never been caught.i went passed 2 times fast by mistake as i forgot about it and never got a fine or summon to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

Hmmmm I was going 87 approx in a 100 on the N7 I think and a camera flashed... haven't heard anything it was about two months ago tho.

i'm also just back from the airport. I hammered it most of the way and didnt notice any cameras in the area in question... I dont go by there too often and I'm a bit sleepy tonight too

Advertisement