Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Decent gps system?

Options
  • 23-12-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭

been trying tomtom mobile and route 66 on my phone and neither are great (ive a nokia n70) tom toms maps are limited and the map i have for route 66 cant get a location anywhere (maybe ive an old one) is there anything thats as good as ms autoroute?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

MS Autoroute is muck.

Only use SatNav with NavTeq maps for Ireland.

Full discussion here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=258397

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

route66 supposedly uses them but map i have seesm really awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Navteq release quarterly updates to SatNav companies who then tend to only issue updates on a yearly basis.

For instance CoPilot 6 has just been released with Q2 2005 maps for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

Be careful. NavTeq maps are currently the best for Ireland. Garmin units use NavTeq.

I have recently seen, in Halfords, other brands stating that they use "Navigon, by NavTeq" and these do not have good coverage.

Better coverage is on the way but it will take time. If you need something right now I would find a Garmin unit that you like. I found the user interface on the Garmin i3 and i5(?) to be flawed though.

Advertisement