Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Indigo email via BTbroadband

Options
  • 23-12-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone having a problem accessing eircom/indigo email accounts from other networks for the last day or two?

I'm on BT Broadband and, all of a sudden, all eircom.net and indigo.ie email addresses are not working [Indigo being part of eircom now, of course]... other [BT/IOL] email accounts are working fine.

The error from OE6[on WinXPsp2] is:
    "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Eircom.net', Server: 'mail2.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

I went to the webmail facilty on eircom and it seems logging on to individual email a/c's works fine.

Don't think I changed anything net or lan related in the last day or so... kinda odd.
    It's not a relaying error above. Could it be a BT change?

Anyone else having similar problems?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Just to follow up on that....

...I narrowed it down to the email scanner of my anti-virus app [Grisoft AVGfree7].

Now why it was only affecting eircom/indigo and not BT/IOL is not clear to me :)
    Disabling the email scanner module in AVG7, the a/c's send and receive perfectly.
    Re-enable and they stop, while the other a/c's are fine!

Anyway, quick repair-install of AVG and all works nicely again. [touch wood, fingers crossed, etc,etc]

[end of crisis :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i know this is a very old thread but i found a way similar to the post above to solve my problem. i changed the settings of the email scanner (avg). go into email scanner. click properties, then servers. then modify pop3 settings, change type of login from 'automatic' to 'user/computer'. this worked for me with no problems. only problem i have now is that i can receive emails on both my eircom and o2 accounts, but cannot send emails on the o2 account, (no problem sending on eircom account). also have the same problem on an old vodafone accouunt. any help appreciated.

Advertisement