Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got my 360 today!!

• 23-12-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just back from Gamestop on Liffey Street.

Ive been ringing around all day looking for one and i can't believe i finally got my hands on one! All the Smyths stores got them in either yesterday or this morning but were sold out by lunchtime today. So i must have rang about 20 different shops including xtravisions and the like. Eventually i thought of Gamestop, they have loads in stock but can only sell you it in bundles.

The bundle i got was the premium system, an extra wireless controller, any 2 games (i got perfect dark and PG3, they were sold out of call of duty). also got the play and charge kit. i'm very happy indeed. all at a cost of 600 yoyo's! Expensive but well worth it and i'm glad i got it before christmas. most places won't get them till mid jan or even feb i'm told.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Bubba wrote:
    ...they have loads in stock but can only sell you it in bundles...

Thats just annoying, they said to you they wouldnt sell it not in a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

yeah....'apparantly' that's what was given to them by Microsoft. Anyway i don't care because that's what i was going to get and it works out a bit cheaper. i'm just happy i got one. it must be one of the only places in dublin to get one 2 days before christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got mine today from Dixons in Ballincollig in Cork. Just the core pack. I'll go shopping tomorrow for a HD, wireless controller, charge and play, but most importantly for games. My Sony Home Cinema projector is HD Compliant too, so I'm looking forward to using that :D

Anyone recommend any games, I'm thinking Quake 4, or perhaps Project Gotham Racing?

Ned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Heard a few bad reports about Quate but don't let that stop you if you still want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HornPilot

Got my 360 premium today myself!! Ill cya on live mate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

oh i wish i didnt spend my money now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ned78 wrote:
    IAnyone recommend any games, I'm thinking Quake 4, Ned.

iv got quake 4 for sale
    if your interested

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054865692

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

i would recommend Call of Duty 2 - absolute quality :D except the lag on xbox live :mad: Kameo is pretty good if your into that sorta thing (fantasy action game - zeldaish)

I got Perfect Dark 0 at launch and brought it back, not that it was real bad but there are better games on the xbox by a long shot

i have pgr3 & condemned also but not to be touched till christmas day :rolleyes:

Advertisement