Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless connection drops every 5-10 mins

• 23-12-2005 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I have just setup a wireless connection in my house and it works fine for one of the two laptops that will be using it but the other one drops the connection every few mins before reconnecting again.
    Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Happens to me all the time with my desktops,
    Im using the Eircom Netopia wireless router and my connection on my laptop stays up all the time but my desktops drop a lot, its because of the cards i have im thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

got one of those belkins outa argos 30 euro the one that works fine has a centrino ( wireless built in )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Does it drop when you're within a few feet of the router?
    What encryption are you using (WEP/WPA, strength...) ? And importantly: Does the Belkin card support this encryption?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you downloaded the latest driver for the card you bought and for the laptops wireless card.

Try using the new card with the routers encryption off and see how you get on with the drop outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

its ok now i have no encryption enabled(live in the stix!!) i think it was the software for handling the connection that came with the card that was making the connection drop ive stop using it and now just let windows handle setting up the connection when the laptop boots up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement