Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifesaving stuff (split thread)

Options
  • 22-12-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Well so be it, but the point is that there is space at the institute for all religions particularly islamics, Religion in schools is a joke as a class it's better taught by parents usually and it avoids discrimination

The IOE is just a place people can be themselves a little more comfortably, it's so big and very few people know each other really well so it's a fresh start

But what does engineering in TCD have to do with me or lifesucks checking out guys? (If you tell me I'm going to burn in hell for it I'll laugh... really laugh - hard)

TIP to Lifesucks: Get into the changing rooms early, change fast, face a wall...peek only on the way out or casually when reaching for your bag - it's the easiest way not to let on and get bashed around.

Of course I was hated in my old school so that was how I used to handle the "stare at the wall, stare at the wall - oh nice abs" train of thoughts!

Try life saving classes where 80% of the guys are your age, wet and well built (wet as in water!!!). Now THAT is a nightmare especially since I'm single and think that one guy would make a nice boyfriend - alas he's straight despite the waves I am getting...from who know's where!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lifesucks

Try life saving classes where 80% of the guys are your age, wet and well built (wet as in water!!!). Now THAT is a nightmare especially since I'm single and think that one guy would make a nice boyfriend - alas he's straight despite the waves I am getting...from who know's where!!!

Alrealdy ready there!! And there also happens to be a boy who i though would make a nice boyfriend!!! There's far to much physical contact in them classes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Freaky Angelo

lifesucks wrote:
    Alrealdy ready there!! And there also happens to be a boy who i though would make a nice boyfriend!!! There's far to much physical contact in them classes!!

Already where? Lifesaving classes or around wet well built guys (which makes me really uncomfortable I have the physique of a starved scarecrow:( ) anyway my classes are in a nice pool and up until a few months ago my class was mostly girls - then BOOM an explosion of Glenalbyn boys and mixing with the Award of Merits...and now swimming is getting a mite too enjoyable. (Especially with the chin tows where they end up between my legs while I'm on my back:p sorry couldn't resist)

Already where? Lifesaving classes or around wet well built guys (which makes me really uncomfortable I have the physique of a starved scarecrow:( ) anyway my classes are in a nice pool and up until a few months ago my class was mostly girls - then BOOM an explosion of Glenalbyn boys and mixing with the Award of Merits...and now swimming is getting a mite too enjoyable. (Especially with the chin tows where they end up between my legs while I'm on my back:p sorry couldn't resist)

Im already doing lifesaving classes! My favouite is what they call the 'double from the rear'!!!

lifesucks wrote:
    Im already doing lifesaving classes! My favouite is what they call the 'double from the rear'!!!

seriously lads im not homophobic but if i was in your life saving class and heard ye saying things like that i would freak out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

TIP to Lifesucks: Get into the changing rooms early, change fast, face a wall...peek only on the way out or casually when reaching for your bag - it's the easiest way not to let on and get bashed around.

That's a bit perverted. And when I say 'a bit', it's only in order to make my message seem a little friendlier - it's actually rather perverted indeed.

No wonder gay kids get persecuted/targeted with predators like you in changing rooms, christ, I wouldn't feel comfortable with you around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Split thread from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=204121

PS: I don't see why "change fast, face a wall, peek as little as possible" is perverted.

Because, and that's not the proper quote Stark, it's a technique for peeking at straight kids without being caught.

It's tantamount to guys on another forum, for instance, discussing techniques for peeking at women on trains. Would such a thing be tolerated?

Edit: And if it's not perverted, it's certainly perverse. Though I'd be inclined to stick with perverted and, at the very least, wrong.

Okay first off NoelRock:

IT WAS A JOKE

Secondly: It's wrong for gay guys to look at other guys but it's okay for straight guys to oggle women and treat them like some sort of lunch meat?

Now the other thing was that I didn't peek as I said above: JOKE I glanced when i couldn't help it, and for Gods sake don't call me a predator I'm human and if you can safely say you have NEVER stared/glanced/looked at a girl's/guy's chest/legs/lower regions in general then I will willingly accept you as my moral superior

until then: get off your high horse and lighten up!

Secondly: It's wrong for gay guys to look at other guys but it's okay for straight guys to oggle women and treat them like some sort of lunch meat?

Yeah. Because I said that...
    Now the other thing was that I didn't peek as I said above: JOKE I glanced when i couldn't help it, and for Gods sake don't call me a predator I'm human and if you can safely say you have NEVER stared/glanced/looked at a girl's/guy's chest/legs/lower regions in general then I will willingly accept you as my moral superior

I haven't. I have respect for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I haven't. I have respect for people

So not once in your entire life have you ever looked at another human being in an even slightly sexual way? I find that incredibly hard to believe, and while you have something approaching a point in your original post (checking out other guys when you're in a changing room is understandable, but still pretty skeevy) this kinda undermines your credibility.

• Advertisement

NoelRock wrote:
    And if it's not perverted, it's certainly perverse. Though I'd be inclined to stick with perverted and, at the very least, wrong.

Wrong maybe (when we get down to moral absolutism), but perverted/perverse is far too strong a word for what is actually normal teenage behaviour. If his school is anything like most second-level schools, all his classmates were probably wearing boxers/swim trunks anyway. Which means taking a peek would be no more perverted than checking someone out on a beach.

Regardless of sexual interest, teenagers are going to look at each other anyway as their bodies are changing and they're going to be naturally curious about how they're shaping up with regard to their peers.

We were only joking!!:mad:

Do u really tink we go into dressing rooms to perve on classmates? I hate doing PE in school for the very reason that i think people will think im trying to perve on them when i go to change. Even if I did go in to perve there isnt any nice lads in the class to look at!!:D At lifesaving classes i always tried my best to always be pared off with a girl... however it was during the 'cross chest carry' that i realised that i wasn't gay and in fact bi!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

shay_562 wrote:
    So not once in your entire life have you ever looked at another human being in an even slightly sexual way? I find that incredibly hard to believe, and while you have something approaching a point in your original post (checking out other guys when you're in a changing room is understandable, but still pretty skeevy) this kinda undermines your credibility.
    Well there is a difference between eyeing a woman on the bus and eyeing a boy getting changed after a game.
    The boy is a lot more vulnerable and less wary of being oogled.

In my old school, there were cracks in the wall dividing the boys' showers from the girls' showers. There was more than one occasion where either sex was found to be peeking. The girls were by far the worst for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Does that make it ok then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Okay first off NoelRock:

IT WAS A JOKE

I bet you wonder why some schools force gay kids to change in different locker rooms. I agree completely with noelrock on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

This is a really retarded bit of uber analism from you guys, did you eat something bad over christmas that lets you grab the moral high ground here?

When I was younger, and swimming almost every day, it used to be very difficult getting changed in changing rooms etc, most likely because my hormones were going nuts and the sight of anyone even remotely cute in a swimming trunks / boxers would set me off. Trying to get changed/showered at best awkward and at worst really awkward and embarassing.

From what I can see, the OP was giving the best advice you can give in the situation - well, the face a wall and change fast bit anyway. The peeking comment I see as a bit tongue in cheek :p You're not going to be able to avoid naked/near naked guys in changing rooms. LiouVille and Noel - cop on, he can't walk about with his eyes closed and I very very much doubt you do either.

As long as you're not ogling someone repeatidly or hanging around just to see them changing then I wouldn't worry, and there's no need to jump onto the moral high-ground and challange all who oppose you.

As an aside to the argument: If you're trying your best not to look at anyone at all in the changing room then you're gonna look like a bit of a freak. Just concentrate on getting yourself dried off and getting outta there... or join somewhere that has no cute guys at all in the place ;)

moridin wrote:
    From what I can see, the OP was giving the best advice you can give in the situation - well, the face a wall and change fast bit anyway. The peeking comment I see as a bit tongue in cheek :p You're not going to be able to avoid naked/near naked guys in changing rooms. LiouVille and Noel - cop on, he can't walk about with his eyes closed and I very very much doubt you do either.

I suppose thats a take on it. I admitt I took comments at face value.
    As an aside to the argument: If you're trying your best not to look at anyone at all in the changing room then you're gonna look like a bit of a freak. Just concentrate on getting yourself dried off and getting outta there... or join somewhere that has no cute guys at all in the place wink.gif

Very very difficult when you've gone for a swim or game of squash with your boyfriend ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

private changing room tbh ;) *eew* *runs away*

Well said moridin.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote:
    Well said moridin.

I agree and feel I should explain my comments about facing the wall

Firstly the fact was that when I was doing sports I was in a room with well built guys and I vaguely resembed a scarecrow, I felt inferior and then the whole "by the way your destined to fancy guys" karmic kick in the balls came along so I couldn't really handle it.

As for the peeking I couldn't help curiosity but I didn't do it often. At present int he changing rooms I've learned to make eye contact (or pretend to be making eye contact and actually look at the bridges of their noses - I can just tell too much about a person by their eyes)

It's hard to be in that class since I fancy a guy there who's cute and funny and straight it seems - unless he's covering but I have a habit of ignoring signals - - - plus I've never had an actual boyfriend just a few greet and meet guys here and there...no guy in his right mind would look at me so I'm always nervous in the changing rooms around him. Thus no peeking because that would give the game away and he'd alienate me

Life sucks...see there's even a poster who's name agrees with me!!! :p

Anyway that's the best way to survive changing rooms: get done in them fast, don't risk a peek, look at their faces if they talk to you and if you're desperate for insurance wear loose underwear!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Also avoid sending a txt on your phone if it has a camera... I've been down that road before!

Ok well I told a few of my straight male freinds that I was bi the last night. Naturaly enough they had lots of questions to ask.

At one stage of the nigh the subject turned to PE. I explained to them that i rarely did PE because I didnt like the idea of me changing with them without them knowing about me. They started giving out to me saying it was total crap and they had no problem with me changing with them. One of my friends then asked do i get hard-on's in the changing room. The scary thing was that he was being deadly serious and was genuienly intrested!! I said that we didnt have particualy attractive lads in the class so no. But he said there had to be at least one person who was alright. (There is but he was one of the people asking questions so i could hardly tell him!!:rolleyes: ) The lads actually got offended that i dont get turned on and were saying how if there were in the girls changing room that they deffinatly would! They have now made me swear that i will start doing PE every week with them.

So I can i take it from the conversation that straight guys actually want to be oogled by gays?! :p

snappieT wrote:
    Also avoid sending a txt on your phone if it has a camera... I've been down that road before!

I could imagine that ending badly.

Liouville: Definitely, it could very much end badly

lifesucks: I think deep down every guy is just a tiny bit curious about homosexuality, most girls get it out of the way...well from what my friends tell me. But guys are a little different so it's complicated for them to figure sexuality out. I've heard about 40 year olds discovering they like guys...I amn't sure how that works though!

I know what the guys mean, they want to feel attractive and even if its a guy doing the appreciating. I find it strange but you have good friends: I raise the point that one of my friends running away when I told him...I never found him attractive though...don't ask why. I never get oggled anyway, as I said: Vaguely Resemble A Scarecrow (V.R.A.S - Syndrome).

As for your friend who was asking so much...it's possible to interpret a crush fromt hat, possible a latent desire or supressed interest in you. If he asks again you might need to tactfully broach the subject so it doesn't screw up your friendship. You never know - some of those guys might ask for some "experience" to reinforce their sexuality.

WARNING: (Recite regularly) If they do, think it true (That even rhymes!)

My friend said that four of his friends came to him...he's a bit of a slut (he has several t-shirts, pairs of boxers and accessories that declare it to the world in large, readable letters) so they got more then a kiss from him! Straight guys can be weird... but thaat entire affair is me rambling on and a can of worms in itself!!!!!!!!!!

he's a bit of a slut (he has several t-shirts, pairs of boxers and accessories that declare it to the world in large, readable letters)

What would he do without Topman :)

As for your friend who was asking so much...it's possible to interpret a crush fromt hat, possible a latent desire or supressed interest in you. If he asks again you might need to tactfully broach the subject so it doesn't screw up your friendship. You never know - some of those guys might ask for some "experience" to reinforce their sexuality.

No, i would be fairly certain this guy is only intrested in girls. But thinking back on it just after I told him he said something along the lines of '**** it I got loads of questions, for all i no i mite be gay or bi myself!' and also he did insist on sleeping on the floor of my bedroom the night i told him even though i offered him a couch. But i think it was him who also said that the idea of doing anything with another fella made him feel sick.

Poor little lifesucks! A perfectly acceptable male on the floor of his bedroom...more then I usually get!!!! GRAARRRRGHHHH! Anyway...a lot of guys say that but did he actually mean it?!!!

lifesucks wrote:
    But i think it was him who also said that the idea of doing anything with another fella made him feel sick.
    a lot of guys say that but did he actually mean it?!!!

Ask azezil ;)

• Advertisement

Im fairly sure he ment it... i think. A year or so ago before he knew about me i was telling him about some gay guy who i was flirting with for the craic (or so i told him :p ) and he said that time that even flirting with a gay guy would freak him out. :(

So whats this about azezil? ;)

Advertisement