Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rarest car you seen - on Irish roads.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Heres an EB 110 for those who havent seen one

BugattiEB110.jpg

Well obviously a model T would be rare, or a Renault 16.. :D But millions were made.
    Say, unusual rare cars, like has anyone seen a Porsche GT1 - I have, or a Pantera, what i mean is, cars that werent too plentiful, - enzos, A gullwing merc.... yis get the gist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A neighbor of mine has a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera sitting in his garage for the last 20 years, he got it for his 21st birthday but won't sell it. When he starts it up the windows of our house vibrate, its like thunder.:D

^^^^ Sweeeeeeeeeet^^^^
    Did ya ask him for a go??

It never seems to run right, its either missing or it runs out of fuel, we've spent many a Saturday playing around with it and it always wins in the end. I'd say it needs a major tune-up all we ever done is clean the plugs and heat them up and it always starts but never has enough power to move on its own. Its got a Ford 6.9 or 7.2 V8 engine its been a while since we've been messing with it. Good fun though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Saw a Dodge Viper pickup (8 litre V10) and a Rolls Royce Phantom tonight in short term car park in Dublin Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

A neighbor of mine has a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera sitting in his garage for the last 20 years, he got it for his 21st birthday but won't sell it. When he starts it up the windows of our house vibrate, its like thunder.

*picks jaw up from ground*

Thats one of my favourite cars, any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Kersh wrote:
    Heres an EB 110 for those who havent seen one
    There's an EB110 in Ireland?

The rarest car I have seen in Ireland was a Tatra T613.

I regularly see 2 different Maybachs, I've seen 2 Ferrari 430s in the last month. Bentley Continental GTs seem to be as common as Mercedes SLs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

rarest car i have seen was triumph tr7...... in my garage lol.
    Hillman Avenger in a ditch.
    Triumph sprint in a driveway in Dublin.
    Rusting triumph 2000 in a driveway.
    Merc sl280 under a tarpaulin.

DS20, I reckon someone has to have one, somewhere, what with all the money flying around, and the exotic car population growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I used to see a Maserati Ghibli quite regularly in a garage in my Granny's back garden, she used to rent it out to a guy who had a good few classics, here's some of 'em

The Ghibli wasn't there the day I had the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Saw an F40 in Kinnegad about 3 years ago. Nordie reg.

Saw another rare Italian in Naas a few years ago. Slightly less exotic that the F40 - a Fiat Argenta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

junkyard wrote:
    A neighbor of mine has a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera sitting in his garage for the last 20 years, he got it for his 21st birthday but won't sell it. When he starts it up the windows of our house vibrate, its like thunder.:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: A pantera for his 21st whos his father John d Rockafellar.

Squirrel wrote:
    I used to see a Maserati Ghibli quite regularly in a garage in my Granny's back garden, she used to rent it out to a guy who had a good few classics, here's some of 'em
    The Ghibli wasn't there the day I had the camera

Jesus. Where are these now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I saw a Glanza today that didn'y have "for sale" in vinyl letters in the back window, you don't see them very often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Jesus. Where are these now?

My granny used to have a large shed/garage in her back garden, and the guy who owned these cars rented it out. He used to race a Navy Ghibli. Since her house has been done up the cras are gone unfortunately. I used to go out and look at them every time I was visiting her, and even got a ride through her back garden in the passenger seat of the Ghibli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

yes ive seen one as well, a black 89 D, big car, looks like a Renault 20.

I also have seen a black phantom with a Northern Irish Regd.
    Ive also seen an Irish Regd Phantom V, well its second hand import,
    Its a huge car too.

G Luxel wrote:
    yes ive seen one as well, a black 89 D, big car, looks like a Renault 20.
    Same one :) - see? That is rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Forgot Actually saw a DB9 about 2 months back. almost crashed looking at it...
    Posted some Pictures of it about 6 months back,
    Ferrari Enzo

I've seen that Tatra around Midleton too, I think we mentioned it a few months ago but I havent see it for a few years.I thought it looked a bit like a Talbot Tagora at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

hmm ive only seen one tvr im pritty sure i saw a Pantera in dundalk one sunny day last month .i pointed it out to embee and said she would love it ... i was supprised when she said no it was very boring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I saw a Ford Crown Victoria (the type the americans use alot for cop cars) I was in a Nissan Skyline (I belive there is 6 in the Republic) I also saw a Lotus Cortina once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

only 6 skylines in ireland? only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

netwhizkid wrote:
    I saw a Ford Crown Victoria (the type the americans use alot for cop cars) I was in a Nissan Skyline (I belive there is 6 in the Republic) I also saw a Lotus Cortina once.

When you say six in Ireland, do you mean six registered from new? I would say that there are a lot more coming in used from Japan. I regularly see two in my area of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Well the guy told me that there were 6 (he was probably bullsh*tting) It was a nice car but did 10mpg though:eek: His had been imported from Japan and was fully kitted out with DVDs and Playstation 2 etc A/C and all the usual gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

Austin Martin DB5 i'ld say would have to be the rarest i saw in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

A 2005 Lamborghini Murcielago in Galway a couple of weeks ago.
    i saw a black lamborghini goin cross in front of the UCG cinima in dublin , and a ferrari f360 parked in front of my apartment lool duno who owns it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I have a '79 Chevy G30 Cobra campervan, I'm preety sure it's the only one in the country.Does that count??? My other motor is a Reliant Scimitar GTE, common as muck in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

shagman wrote:
    I have a '79 Chevy G30 Cobra campervan, I'm preety sure it's the only one in the country.Does that count??? My other motor is a Reliant Scimitar GTE, common as muck in comparison!
    If you EVER sell that G30 I want it.
    And theres 7regged in ireland AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I saw a blue 612 Scaglietti in Dundrum about a month ago.
    Bentley Continental Flying Spur
    In Dun Laoghaire, about two days after that.

A 550 maranello (maybe 575m) passed me (while I though I was exceeding the speed limit) one time on way up from cork at an un godly hour.

288 GTO of Eddie Irvine fame ( i presume ) in Donnybrook.

There is money about this place somewhere !

( Also a guy in Carrick on Suir Co Tipp used to have De Tomaso Panthera ) surely its the same one as Junkyard is talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

VW Passat W8 estate.

mighn't be a supercar/exotic, but there can't be too many of em about..

Advertisement