Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rarest car you seen - on Irish roads.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

JohnBoy wrote:
    VW Passat W8 estate.

mighn't be a supercar/exotic, but there can't be too many of em about..

Is that the "4 motion" one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

JohnBoy wrote:
    VW Passat W8 estate.

The PSNI have a Passat W8 which they use as an unmarked car. It has the blue lights fitted behind the grille.

BTW Charles Hurst in Belfast have a new Ferrari 575 Superamerica in the showroom going for €297,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 molloy86

As for nowadays, most likely a Skoda Estelle or a Yugo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Forgot Actually saw a DB9 about 2 months back. almost crashed looking at it...

There was a 05 D black one parked in the car park of my apartment building 5 days ago. went to get my camera and the inconsiderate bugger fecked off in the meantime.

Have seen another silver one about the m50, they aren't all that rare. Des Cullen has three for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

DB9s are gettin to be like Bentley GTs. They aren't rare any more. If a 360 or a 911 Turbo isn't considered rare anymore what does that make the Aston? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Got to be the Shamrock I saw coming out of the Terenure College show a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Rover SD1, I've only seen three of them in the flesh ever, and only one of them was a 3500 V8.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

DB9 covertable a few weeks before xmas in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

The rarest cars I have seen where a Delorian, passed me outside the garda station in Tallaght, and the origional Aston Martin Vanquish, once on the Tallaght bypass and also in the workshop of the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hmm...

@netwhizkid: There's a guy in Shantalla in Galway who has a Lotus Cortina, along with a couple of Anglias (think Harry Potter).

There's a brown/maroon (can't remember which, plus I often only see it under sodium lights) Rover 110 in Nun's Island, that's got to be rarer than the SD1 that someone mentioned. Admittedly, the SD1's were almost as bad as Lancias of similar vintage as rust magnets, but still...

Digging into my own past, I accidentally released the handbrake on a Bentley S3 that my Dad had in for a service when I was a nosy seven or eight year old (a long time ago now!) - naturally, it was at the top of a hill, though thankfully not a steep one - nearly ploughed into the back of a Renault 18 but I managed to stop it just in time! (phew!) - the wonder of repressed memories, eh?

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I saw an Aston Martin DB6 in Tipperary, a Lambo Countach and a DB9 in Limerick and a Lamborghini Miura on the N7.

JohnBoy wrote:
    VW Passat W8 estate.

I've seen a German regged one in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Joeyjoejoe Jnr

A friend of mine has just bought a brand new Shelby. He says its the only one in Europe! only 300 produced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

is that the actual car?

thats the actual car. It has been sitting in his garage for the past few months because he bought a special 06 reg, not sure what the reg is tho

A friend of mine has just bought a brand new Shelby. He says its the only one in Europe! only 300 produced
    That is class. Do you know what model it is or what engine it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

1. Porsche 911 GT3 in Naas
    2. Ferrari 575 Maranello in Ballymore Eustace
    3. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti can't remember where I seen one though
    4. Couple of Ferrari 360's and Porsche 911s
    5. Bently Continental near St. Stephens Green about 2 yrs ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've seen a Mercedes 500E around Limerick on French plates. I think they're hand built by Porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

silas wrote:
    1. Porsche 911 GT3 in Naas
    2. Ferrari 575 Maranello in Ballymore Eustace
    3. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti can't remember where I seen one though
    4. Couple of Ferrari 360's and Porsche 911s
    5. Bently Continental near St. Stephens Green about 2 yrs ago

Ferrari's and Porsche aren't rare. And as for the Bentley Continental GTs, I can bet you'll see one a day around Stephen's green these days!

I saw a silver Ferrari F355 (I think that is what it was) yesterday. Yep, Ferrari's are coming quite 'common' nowadays.

Another car I have only seen once ever was a mid-1980's Opel Monza. Maybe they were more common back in the day, but not now. I recently saw one for sale in the Auto Trader for less than €1,000. Not bad for such a rare car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

junkyard wrote:
    I've seen a Mercedes 500E around Limerick on French plates. I think they're hand built by Porsche.
    You mean a "E500" or "500E"?

Seen a E500 just yesterday in Cavan, no doubt not very rare thou?

EDIT: quick Google, 500 meant 500E i guess from here :o

jozi wrote:
    You mean a "E500" or "500E"?

Seen a E500 just yesterday in Cavan, no doubt not very rare thou?

EDIT: quick Google, 500 meant 500E i guess from here :o

In 1994, Mercedes changed the format of their model names, before '94, the engine size came before the chassis letter(s), now it is the other away around. (According to Wikipedia).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Lincoln Navigator today in Castleknock, on trade plates though, you'd have to be able to write off the cost of fuel that a baby like that would burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

qz wrote:
    Ferrari's and Porsche aren't rare. And as for the Bentley Continental GTs, I can bet you'll see one a day around Stephen's green these days!

Read the post again. It made no mention of a 'GT'.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

I seen the first 64 Impala in coolock the other Day, a convertible too.....Maybe some Day :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Litcagral wrote:
    Read the post again. It made no mention of a 'GT'.

Apologies, thought you meant the GT. I don't know my classics that well :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

612 Scaglietti. Blue on late 05 D plates. I know Ferraris are common enough now, but i don't there are too many of these around Ireland..........

eljono wrote:
    That is class. Do you know what model it is or what engine it has?

I think its called a Series 1. It has a 4 litre V8. 0 - 60 in 4.4 seconds Here is another pic from the rear.

His everyday car is the Cadillac Escalade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The Phaeton. I saw a german registered one in kilmainham 1 year ago. I've never seen one since - in Ireland or abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

rarest car has to be a cop car on a back road. in 2 years driving on country roads i have still to meet 1!!!

Advertisement