Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rarest car you seen - on Irish roads.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Rarest car Ive seen on the roads is a fiat punto. Normally theyre broken and cant go anywhere. Actually, saw a soft top 97 micra before! dark blue! thats rare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I think its called a Series 1. It has a 4 litre V8. 0 - 60 in 4.4 seconds Here is another pic from the rear.

Has even brought a tear to the ladys eye in the picture you posted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

I saw a Jensen Interceptor recently in North Dublin. I think it was a 7.2 Litre?? Don't know how rare they are but it's only the second one I have ever seen. The other was parked outside a pub in Doolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

The shelby even has a custom, fully fitted cover, little pockets for the mirrors.

saw it in kilbeggan, was there the night before pissed in the shed wondering what the hell was under the cover

one sweet as car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I saw a car today that I've never seen before - not much of a car affocionado though. It was called a Noble M12 GTO...I had to google it to find out what it was!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

rainglow wrote:
    I saw a car today that I've never seen before - not much of a car affocionado though. It was called a Noble M12 GTO...I had to google it to find out what it was!

I've only seen one on Top Gear. Was it Irish registered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

I drive a smart roadster coupe, but a few months ago I had a loan of a limited edition brabus xclusive smart roadster coupe. It was the Daimler Chrysler press car. Its the only one of those that I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Porsche carrera gt, lamborghini gallardo(yellow) in terenure, lamborghini gallargo(orange) in dublin 2, lamborghini gallardo(black) in donnybrook, lamborghini diablo vt 6.0(orange with black spoiler) dublin 2. Dunno about the other cars, but the diablo is the nicest, owned by senetor edward haughys son in his early 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

rainglow wrote:

There's an M12 around castleknock/blanch regularly, on irish plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Max_Damage wrote:
    In 1994, Mercedes changed the format of their model names, before '94, the engine size came before the chassis letter(s), now it is the other away around. (According to Wikipedia).

Not quite. The pre 1994 model ranges, the E designation was for fuel injection (petrol) and D for diesel rather than a model name.

The 190 was a model range rather than a specific engine size which ranged from 1.8 to 2.5, a 190E was a 190 with fuel injection, a 190D was a 190 diesel etc...

The W123 and W124 (predecessors of the E Class) were just named by engine size and where they had fuel injection, there was an E at the end or a D for diesel. The exception was the two door coupe which carried the C designation for coupe, usually with an E for fuel injection too.

The S class was designated by engine size, fuel system and body ie SE ordinary S class with fuel injection. SEL, S class with fuel injection and long wheelbase, SEC S class coupe with fuel injection.

The sports light or SL was simply designated SL or SLC for the rare coupe version of the 1970's model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Rarest car i've seen on irish roads was probably the Ferrari F1 car that drove through the Phoenix park 3 years back!!! Can't recall having seen once since.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Seen 2 DB9 Vanquish(s), one was tailgating the other, nearly didn't see the second one, as I was gobsmacked looking at the first. Both were English reg's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

I saw this in Town the other day. It is an Irish Registered car, and I think it belongs to Michael O'Doherty of VIP fame. I heard him mention that he had an orange lamborghini on the radio a few months ago. Can't expect there to be that many in town.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

rainglow wrote:

I saw a Noble M14 last week near Merrion Sq.
    noble.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I normally spot that Noble every morning at 8.40am coming down the canal. It's a 04. I've spotted an Aston Martin DB4 a couple of weeks ago. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I remember a Citroen SM that used to be around Sandymount a few years ago. Havn't seen one in ages SM

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's really weird. I was scrolling down through the replies, on my way to post - a Citroen SM!! What are the chances of that? I reckon God's telling me to buy one..

Anan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I feel like I'm posting a picture of a skinny council estate peroxide blonde with a fag in her hand in a thread about supermodels, but I saw an English reg Evo VIII FQ-400 in Abbeyleix about a year ago. I've mentioned it here before. It might not be glamorous, but it's certainly rare - only 100 built.

evo8mr.jpg

...and probably one a week being written off...

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Anyone else think that Mitsubishi looks, unfinished? It looks like a spy pic of one being tested out, all disguised.

• Advertisement

I don't think that appearance was very high on the designer's agenda. They probably figured that nobody would be looking at it for more than a fraction of a second anyway!

Advertisement