Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 4 (canned version)

Options
  • 23-12-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a demo of this in a recent ps2 mag demo.

Imo, it was much better then the final product we got.
    Way scarier...in a trippy sort of way. Way better atmosphere and the old resi engine too.

Did anyone else see it, and if so, what did yousthink of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Never heard of it .. any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm sure there is but I don't have one.
    I recall seeing a link to it on the net before but I never followed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

"There were a bunch of different versions of RE4 before they made the one we have now with the Ganado. Originally Leon was infected with a virus and was in an Umbrella facility looking for a cure. The whole time he was hallucinating and everything attacked him in some way. "
    Few screens here - http://re.gamefan.ru/re3.5/

I'm really glad they went the way they did. RE4 as it is now is an amazing game that IMO has benefited from the change in direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

There was also a version I heard about where I think he was in the Umberella HQ but it was almost an exact replica of the mansion, only there was no light or something. Anyways the whole point was one analog stick controlled your movment and shooting and the other controlled your torch. I seem to recall them mentioning a tyrant style boss that could evaporate and esentially go anywhere. It was a while ago so sorry the details are sketchy. I think I read it in GamesTM or Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nah no way is that better. they could have done with more terrifying bits in the game though but the new resi blows the other away./

• Advertisement

Obviously it's a great game...but it's just not resident evil anymore.

I prefer the old one and would have preferred the Resi 4 I saw in that demo.
    I'll look for a link to a video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Haven't played Resident Evil 4 but have played every other game in the series and I feel the game was getting beyond stale, from what I've heard, Resident Evil 4's style of play injected new life into the franchise - which can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I thought it, simply marvelous. Marvelous weapons. Real panic occurs when multiple beasties do be converging on Amy. I shouldn't care so much about the daughter of the infidel but I DO! OH AMY! Fall into my strong arms once again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

I have a video i downloaded years ago of RE4 before the change, it shows leon walking around a spooky mansion, then changes to an umbrella type facility thing. Ill upload it for you.
    Get it here: http://rapidshare.de/files/9745438/biohazard4_160.mpg.html

As good as it is...it's just not Resi ot me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm playing through Resi 4 at the moment (just killed De Lago) and I have to admit that, while I think its brilliant,I don't like it as much as I did Code Veronica. The Metal Gear Solid-style Hunnigan conversations especially annoy me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought code veronica was the weakest of the series so far. After playing it and being disappointed I was glad when they went for the overhaul that was Resi 4. I think Resi 4 will go down as a classic and probably the best action game of this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I thought code veronica was the weakest of the series so far. After playing it and being disappointed I was glad when they went for the overhaul that was Resi 4. I think Resi 4 will go down as a

classic and probably the best action game of this generation.

I agree that CV is the weakest but I think you have to play every version because as a game in its own right, it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

code veronica was a joke. i got to the last boss(steve or something when he runs at you with the axe) and couldnt finish it because i'd ran out of herbs.and you had to ahve a certain amount.poor game
    resi4 is brilliant in everyway.the mini games are class too.i want to play the ps2 version just for the chainsaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dimerocks wrote:
    i want to play the ps2 version just for the chainsaw.
    hehe. i'm tempted to start jumping on my brothers bed now so the fecker wakes up and opens his present.
    dying to use the plagas extraction gun (?) here.

the gamecube version is easily my game of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

got resi 4 when it came out on gc love the game but i wish they kept the old style of plat were you looked down on the character

Advertisement