Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ole may return over the Festive Season

• 23-12-2005 11:30pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could be handed a place on the bench during United's festive run of four games in eight days.....

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=288957&itype=466&icategoryid=120

I for one hope he get a chance to return for one of our home games, if not wouldn't it be amazing it he came off the bench to score the winner against Arsenal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya just heard it on Sky, great news. The Super Sub is back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I would love it, if he gets a few games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Can't wait to see him come off the bench. Hope its at Old Trafford, the reception should be unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He was (is?) a fantastic player and a loyal servant to Utd over the years, I'd like to see him return to form. What part will he play in a fully fit squad, would he be expected to play on the wing, or sit on the bench as cover for Ruud and Rooney?

He was (is?) a fantastic player and a loyal servant to Utd over the years, I'd like to see him return to form. What part will he play in a fully fit squad, would he be expected to play on the wing, or sit on the bench as cover for Ruud and Rooney?

Leave him on the bench til the 75th minute when the opposition is beginning to tire. No better man for it.

If there is any player capable of coming back and regaining form after a serious injury its Ole. His natural talent means that once he gets himself fit he'll score more goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He forced Beckham to sit on the bench for a couple of months in Beck's last season at United because he took to the wing position like a fish to water, but you'd have to wonder if he still has the legs for that. He's as natural a finisher as you'll find, I don't think you can lose that with age....just look at Sheringham.
    I cannot wait to see him return. Old Trafford will errupt when he comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

When he comes on for the first time in Old Trafford, I would give anythign to be there.
    There would be no cheer in the entire world that could match the reception he will get, and he is a united legend, and will be forever, and deserves it wholly.

He can force his way into the right wing position, with Ronaldo swithcing back to the left once giggs goes out of form, and we could see him play up to 15 games this season.
    Happy days are back again, the ultimate finisher in football has returned.

If anyone knows a site where I can upload a 164mb video will they please let me know, because I have a compilation of every goal he has ever scored for United.

I tried using FileFront last night but it cut out half way through (probably my connection).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What age is he now? I'd love to see him knock in a few. Keane said he looked like a boot boy when he first saw him but he grew to have huge respect for him.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    If anyone knows a site where I can upload a 164mb video will they please let me know, because I have a compilation of every goal he has ever scored for United.

I tried using FileFront last night but it cut out half way through (probably my connection).

Would love to see that video. He has certainly scored some memorable goals ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    What age is he now? I'd love to see him knock in a few. Keane said he looked like a boot boy when he first saw him but he grew to have huge respect for him.
    He's 31 now...I think....going on 32?
    And yea Mr. Joe Soap, I'd love to see that video.

Advertisement