Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

05-06 snowy weather indications (part 5)

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

That was AAAAAMMMMMAZZZZZINNNGGGGGGG! We had red, yellow and blue bolts of lightning. I remember the W mountains covered in snow and we even got sleet at low levels along with huge hailstones. Dublin got flooded. The clouds towered into the sky in a ferocious manner and it was very very unstable. Truly a remarkable period of weather. Im sure the UK weather watchers were looking in awe;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

darkman2 wrote:
    Longfield are you talking about the 'three day thunderstorm' that came off the Irish sea?? I assume you are, this situation is completely different, the intensity is not there. For an event like your talking about a small area of low pressure has to develope in the Irish sea bringing unstable northeasterlies:)

Yep thats the one, yes of course this isnt like it, was more interested in seeing wind speeds dewpoint directions, sea temps etc at the time as a template for forecasting shower activity next week..anyhow would like to know the date if anyone remembers it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote:
    22nd Oct 2003, and the day before and after.

Lovely, thanks Mothman.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

darkman2 wrote:
    That was AAAAAMMMMMAZZZZZINNNGGGGGGG! We had red, yellow and blue bolts of lightning. I remember the W mountains covered in snow and we even got sleet at low levels along with huge hailstones. Dublin got flooded. The clouds towered into the sky in a ferocious manner and it was very very unstable. Truly a remarkable period of weather. Im sure the UK weather watchers were looking in awe;)

Didn't get anything like that in Wicklow. Yes there was thunder for over 24 hours, a bit of hail and sleet, so I was looking north in awe.

Got a great 3 hour thunderstorm on halloween night (31st) which drowned out the fireworks and bangers. I think it was quite localised

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Right the fun begins again, 12z GFS starts stuttering out in 10 mins, upgrade or downgrade? Ive to say I think it will be a downgrade based on yesterdays 12z which was very disappointing. Wait and see:)

• Advertisement

Seems to be still on with a few subtle changes pertinent to the south of England.
    Colder air moving along the channel and over lots of the sout of England.

By the way our first showers if we get any are probably going to be rain at sea level

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement