Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madrid sign Cicinho

• 24-12-2005 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Liked what little I've seen of this guy to date. Weren't Utd interested at one stage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

And Madrid continue in their quest to be the least defensive team on earth! Yeah United were supposedly interested in him until he signed a pre-contract agreement with Madrid....to be honest I'm not all that heart broken. He's decent going forward, but isn't exactly a rock at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People say he is the successor to Cafu, but I don't agree.
    I think he is more like a Roberto Carlos than Cafu.
    Cafu was unreal going forward but also unreal defensivly.

Cicinho is unreal going forward, very much like a right footed roberto carlos, but defensivly he is lacking, quite a deal.
    however he isn't good enough to be a winger because he doesnt have the instant acceleration, and needs to get running a bit to gain full speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If he can make a 75% Harry Kewell look good, he's can't be that good.

But then again he's young...he's got what they call "potential".

Madrid are welcome to him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Another Real Madrid defender who can't defend, and on Thierry Henry's favoured side. Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

All I've seen of him was in the Confederations Cup, but he looked very impressive getting forward. Not so sure about him defensively though, could be the Roberto Carlos of the right-wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Lex Luthor wrote:
    But then again he's young...he's got what they call "potential".
    Not really that young at all. He's 25 isnt he?

Anyways assuming he pushes Salgado to the bench, Henry/Pires should have a field day with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Glad he signed, he is a great player. Anytime would be glad to have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

and with Cole back I doubt he'll have much problem with him. With all our players fit Madrid are definitely beatable.

Advertisement