Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass E-Mail Issue...

Options
  • 24-12-2005 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right, I know this is gonna seem like a nasty thing initially, but please bear with me :)

I'm working on a site for a client and they want to send out mass e-mail to about 200/300 people. Now, I'm not too concerned about the moral aspect of it (I would if it was wholely unsolicited, but these people have either signed up to a mailing list or inquired about products before), but more so about the logistics.

I've sent out mass spam-type mails before in a company I used to work for (after much "opposing discussion" with the boss which ended with a "Well, your choice is do it... That's all.)", but that was from their mail server.

So in short, I'm not really too sure how to approach this one. Anyone any advice? Is 200 or 300 hundred mails still too much for an ISP to allow? Are there other mail servers I could use? Is there any particular software which is better than the rest?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement