Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a new car. Advise needed

Options
  • 24-12-2005 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    I'm planning on buying a new car in the new year roughly in the 10k range. I hope to have 5k to put up front and get 5k of a loan from the bank. I was thinking of a 1.6 - 2 litre car around 2000 or 2001.

I'm not too pushed about appearance, GTI and all of the stuff. I just want a dependable car with some sort of gaurantee from a motor dealer as cheap as possible of course :D Can anybody suggest a good place to start looking? Is it worth considering buying up the north? My insurance is currently 1k on a 16. I'm 23 with full licence and 3 years NCB. I don't want a hike of about 2k. Any advice is appreciated as I really am clueless about this sort of thing. Thanks

Advertisement