Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new car

Options
  • 24-12-2005 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi, i drive a company car [ 03 foucs ] and will be have to change it in jan. anybody any ideas on what to go for, it has to be diesel and a make that wont lose its value to much like fiat or kia. i have a budget of 26k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

wow 90 hp from a 1.4 , looks good as well, must take a test drive to see what the performance is like, im a rep and do a lot of driving so power for safe over taking and comfort are top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They are supposed to be a very good engine. Well so I hear. Good mpg.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Why does depreciation matter to you if it's a company car?

For a smallish engined diesel, I'd go for this over the Toyota:
    http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Details&vehicle_id=75142520050808&strSpecs=SSCIRL2002

Much better performance, especially if safe overtaking is important. Oodles more torque, better quality car IMHO and within budget.

Or this - probably wouldn't depreciate anymore than other makes at this stage:
    http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Details&vehicle_id=75976420051123&strSpecs=SSCIRL2002

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Corolla 1.4 is nice car alright, the resale value on it should be very strong indeed with that engine. I would go with the Skoda (I intend to buy one myself later in the year).

I dont think I would go with the DSG gearbox though, if I really wanted to pay extra I would spend it on a) the estate, or b) the higher spec trim or c) the 2.0TDI. The Skoda combi (estate) is a very good looking car imo, and it is exactly the same length as the hatch, which makes it look much less like a bus than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

a 26K budget is pretty nice. Hope u get the car ur looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pm. wrote:
    hi, i drive a company car [ 03 foucs ] and will be have to change it in jan. anybody any ideas on what to go for, it has to be diesel and a make that wont lose its value to much like fiat or kia. i have a budget of 26k

The new model Focus is available in 1.6 (90bhp) and 1.8 (115bhp) TDCi also. The 1.6 diesel is a Peug/Citroen unit but I think the 1.8 is their own. Unfortunately they are limited to the very basic LX spec or overpriced Ghia spec.

The Skoda Octavia probably represents the best value for money here and with €26k you could get the 1.9 TDi 105bhp Elegance model which comes with nice toys such as climate control and alloy wheels. It holds it's value really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

my company lease the cars from a company called lease plan, they wont let me get a skoda, i agree its a lovely car but will depricate in value too much compared to a focus or astra, it a hard choice when you have to go for a car that will hold its value

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota have done an upgrade on the Corolla D-4D Luna, they now have rear electric windows heated mirrors, and different alloys, price is the same, I find the 1.7 Astra to be slower than its bhp figure suggests. nice to have the choice!

Advertisement