Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember the webcam from Esat?

• 24-12-2005 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows the make of the free webcam given by esat a year or so ago as I'm searching for a driver.

Merry xmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Is this it?
    webcam.gif
    Unbranded with the model number (DC-2120) on a sticker on the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

thanks a million, found a link here http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/di/driver.asp

might be of use to someone else in the future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I still have mine unopened...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

kaizersoze wrote:
    Is this it?
    webcam.gif
    Unbranded with the model number (DC-2120) on a sticker on the lead.

lollll that looks nasty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah I got that webcam too. Pretty cheap but works ok. I lost the cd and tried to find a driver on the net, but none of the ones I found would work. Managed to find the original cd again tho so its working fine again now.

If anybody needs the original drivers pm me and I'll email it to ya (its only about 2mb)

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah, I remember this, only got my cam working recently after a few years.
    The drivers on the CD were for the 2110 cam, but the cam itself was the 2120! Nice work IOL!!
    You can't even get free gifts with your broadband right, let alone a well supported DSL product!
    Morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I found that the drivers on the official site don't work, instead I had to go hunting and found this: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=232395 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Ah, the good ol Chicony TwinkleCam - how I laughed when I saw the name on the driver CD!

The drivers from the Chicony website worked fine for me in Win2k. Doesn't stop the camera for being ****e though - there's like some sort of built-in dirt on the CMOS sensors or something...

Advertisement