Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New cover for my K750i?

• 24-12-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm considering a new cover for my K750i.

I believe I need a special screwdriver to take the current ones off? What type and where would I get it?

As for the covers - any good reputable sites to order from? Anything to watch out for?

Anything I missed?

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

I've got SE covers from this seller on eBay before and those orders worked out ok (they throw in an opening tool and screwdriver in the pack too).
    http://stores.ebay.com/Hong-Kong-Supreme

Google for "disassemble K750" to look for a decent guide on what to do so you don't break anything - and bear in mind your warranty is void by going inside (if anything goes wrong)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've done it yourself then DubWireless? Does it take long? Is there really much that can go wrong ?

Also, if I was to buy the W800i housing for it.... does the camera autosense when you move the shutter? (as it twists rather then the slide on the k750i cover) ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Dude, I don't think you can, do you see any screwdriver holes on the outside? :\
    You could take your phone apart and not be able to put it back together is what could go wrong!

Of course you can change the covers BopNiblets ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I changed my K750 cover to a W800, then back again to the K750 (didn't like it). Its tricky-ish the first time u do it. Then its a doddle. Just time consuming.

I found a guide somewhere that I would've been lost without, will edit this post once I find the link. The only major thing that can go wrong is that you lose some of the smaller pieces in the process (eg the bluetooth aerial. But if u follow the guide its not a problem). I also found that the plastic seal thing around the inside of the screen (to protect from dust) doesn't come with the W800 casing (in my case anyway) so there needed to be a slightly tricky transference of the seal from the old case to the new one.

Also, when u order a W800 housing for your K750, that doesnt include the W800 joystick, which is a different length/depth. You can still use the K750 one, but you risk damaging it (it sticks out a bit). Oh yeah and the shutter sensor works when u change the cover too coz the mechanism is built in to the case itself.

I got my stuff from cnn.cn and they also threw in a case-opener and a screwdriver (same seller as the one DubWireless mentioned maybe).

Ok I might have made it sound difficult but I'd say go for it anyway if u like the W800 colours. I' an idiot with taking things apart but I managed it fine ;-)

Dave

• Advertisement

I'm not really that mad on the colours ... the main reason is the buttons. The ones on the W800i feel more mettalic and less "plasticy" ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ciaranfo wrote:
    You've done it yourself then DubWireless? Does it take long? Is there really much that can go wrong ?

depends if you are good with you hands and careful (or not!)... would be your call if you want to go for it

what could go wrong... well you could end up breaking your phone and voiding the warranty... then again you may not have any problems... kinda hard for me to predict the outcome ;)
    ciaranfo wrote:
    Also, if I was to buy the W800i housing for it.... does the camera autosense when you move the shutter? (as it twists rather then the slide on the k750i cover) ...

try the likes of esato.com should be plenty of people on there who've done it and tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Actually the buttons didnt feel that great when I changed to the W800 housing.. Very creaky, squishy and dodgy! Thats one of the main reasons I changed back to the original K750 housing. Probably depends on who u order the housing kit from tho. I suspect that maybe my W800 keypad wasn't OEM?

The lads at esato are great for that stuff tho. Also, the guide to changing the housing is here.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I got the black case to replace the silver on my K750i. I'm waiting until I really want to change the silver because it looks like a lot of hassle to change. Found a guide a while back that looks pretty good, I've uploaded it to here (Limited downloads avalable, PM me if you want it and its not working anymore).
    Edit: Same guide as wheresmybeaver's above but all in one PDF file for easier use.

Advertisement