Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What budget PC titles did you pick up for xmas break?

Options
  • 24-12-2005 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I picked up Diablo 2 (€15) and Neverwinter Nights (€14) to enjoy for the xmas break. Never played these classics! Now to get some light entertainment in. Looking especially forward to Neverwinter Nights

Anyone get any oldies for Xmas? There is such an amassed classic range out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Didn't pick any up, but I reinstalled Far Cry again 'for the laugh'.... I haven't laughed yet, it's inadequate next to HL2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

far cry was great till those mutant thingy turned up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

NWN, and its expansions, and the near endless amount of mods available will suck you in near endlessly if you let it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Downloaded the 100Mb patch (on dial-up!) and now up to 1.66 in NWN. Looks good so far. Picked an Elf Archer. Getting used to the controls at the mo. Looks really good. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

NWN is €20 with both expansions
    €25 if you want a shiny case

I picked up Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for €25 ssquids enjoying it muchly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

NWN is €20 with both expansions
    €25 if you want a shiny case

I picked up Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for €25 ssquids enjoying it muchly
    Fapping brilliant game!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Grabbed the Q4 special edition in xtravision for €25, played the first few missions and I'm really struggling to think of a reason to play it right the way through. Looks good but it seems pretty dull so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Dawn of war

One of the best rts ever tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

stevenmu wrote:
    Grabbed the Q4 special edition in xtravision for €25, played the first few missions and I'm really struggling to think of a reason to play it right the way through. Looks good but it seems pretty dull so far.
    I'm glad you said that tbh, I was considering picking it up for £9.99, not now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

looks like i'll be playing Starcraft Broodwar for the Christmas and if I get through it Warcraft 3 and it's expansion and the Warcraft 2 expansion. In the mood for Blizzard RTS games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Don't suppose you can tell me how to get warcraft 2 running on windows XP? and tell me if starcraft works likewise before i go borrowing/buying it... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

Starcraft should work on xp. Man that game takes me back! Takes me back to a time when I had a crappy computer and most games wouldn't work on it! But then Starcraft appeared and offered an unbelievable depth for a simple game that ran on a simple computer! Can't say whether warcraft 2 will run. Another classic! Blizzard are arguably the greatest games producers of all time. They're still around and have never released a bad title. Genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I still play starcraft online, i dont think i ever finished the single player.

Installed sam and max last night in a drunken stooper, excellent stuff.

I also errr "acquired" planescape torment lately, tis good if you liked fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Not exactly budget, but I picked up the special edition of CoD2 for 30 spods on Xmas eve in Game. It's very good, but I can't see much diff between it and CoD (in particular UO). Still , 30 quid is a bit of a bargain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

passive wrote:
    Don't suppose you can tell me how to get warcraft 2 running on windows XP? and tell me if starcraft works likewise before i go borrowing/buying it... ;)

i have the battle.net edition that works fine on XP. Not sure about the old version but I think it should work in compatability mode (which has yet to work for any game for me).

Gawd. It's great to see so many folk still playing the old classics. I have played Starcraft in a long time but that was a good game.

Hey! The storyline in NWN is very good. A great story really helps to get sucked in! Help! :) Hope to try out Diablo II sometime during the week but must keep at NWN for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

Diablo 2 took over my life for a long time! "Just one more level, I swear!" Never played NWN but from the good vibes here I may get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

playing might&magic VI,VII & VIII over chirstmas. I already had VI and VIII which i havent completed so gotta do that and i ordered VII off play.com which i already have completed but want to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Its not old, but I got Quake 4 for 15 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

stevenmu wrote:
    stick with it, it gets alot better, after the strogg medical facility section

• Advertisement

Here's some fun in NWN since I installed this xmas.

Finally getting into NWN now. So far I'm getting into the plot about a disease and somehow some captured creatures are to be used to negate this. However they have escaped and now I'm looking into the issue.

The controls are nice - especially with the quickcontrol keys at the bottom of the screen. Crtl and shift open up another row each and are instantly accessable.

I started out with a Paladin. One thing is I'm trying to figure out how the dice rolls work. I can see from my 2 hand sword that I can have a 2D6 dice but I'm trying to figure out where I get a minimum +3 in addition to roll. I like the information from the log just above the quick keys and the in game journal is nice to take notes and works nice on my aging P3-800.

Advertisement