Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleted

• 24-12-2005 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

deleted

Point taken.

Btw: I did ask a moderator if it was alright and he said it was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

where the fcuk is this going dude? what are you trying to achieve? if your not happy move on! get over it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I right now have an IBB connection off Three Rock and one off Bray. The one in Bray is diabolical, lots of packet loss, crap speeds. My router runs continuous ping tests (to google and heanet) to make sure the connection is up, to handle fail-over. On the Three Rock connection, two pings in total have failed in two weeks. When I had this setup in Bray, my logs were filled with ping failures, fail-over to the backup connection about twice a day because IBB's network failed, etc. So this excuse about ICMP getting lower priority is bollocks. Their network works fine in places.

That said, even off Three Rock the speeds vary from 512kbps to 4Mbps depending on the time of day/phase of the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

1. Bittorrent isn't an accurate measurement of speed. There are a lot of different factors which attribute to the speed of your download.
    2. You shouldn't really be printing the names of the people who are emailing you, it's unfair to them as they are just employees, it's not their fault they have an over saturated their network.

I do thnk your downloads are slow, but the way you are portraying it here makes it look like jeremy is the fault.

Edit out name Giblet please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This isn't very fair on the guy who is trying to help you. Posting his name on a public message board isn't very ethical. I'd advise you to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye uncalled for buddy, if you've got a problem with IBB talk to their complaints department, dont spread all your emails on a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

While the buck stops with Jeremy Nel, I don't think it was right at all to reproduce his emails without his permission. If you didn't have permission the mods here need to remove this whole thread asap or boards could get a few calls from a pissed off IBB.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Aye uncalled for buddy, if you've got a problem with IBB talk to their complaints department, dont spread all your emails on a public forum.

I'd agree with this ! Mods please edit! lots of people have been banned for metioning names on boards ect ! AS much as I despise IBB, and have dealt with this guy in the past, who does try to sort things out ! its not fair to post his name on Boards in this manner!

damien.m wrote:
    While the buck stops with Jeremy Nel, I don't think it was right at all to reproduce his emails without his permission. If you didn't have permission the mods here need to remove this whole thread asap or boards could get a few calls from a pissed off IBB.

one missed :-)

Advertisement