Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car problem Rad?Head gasket?

Options
  • 25-12-2005 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Had a Problem with my Rad in my e36 bmw about 2 months used some rad weld, worked for a month rad started leakin again and used a small bit more rad weld did the job anyway today was drivin for about 5 min and the temp in the car got very close to red....Usually at the middle mark never goes over.... Anyway stopped the car let it cool got home but some water in it...Did seem to be leakin any water at all.... Was drivin tonight for about 45 min.... no overheating or anything got home turned off the car and heard some weird noises from the engine, had a look sounded like Presure/Water passing through the engine. not the rad.....but not leakin water anywhere? Any idea what this could be...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Air in the coolant system possibly ? After the previous leaks did you fully bleed it before refilling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah my Mech did a Full bleed for me... He did recom changing the Rad as he said Rad weld is like pissing into it most times....

Actually now that i think of it the second time i put the rad weld in which is about a month ago at this stage i dont think i blead the rad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Whenever I have a car with damaged rad I change it. It seems like the most economical option as its cheaper than having to repair an overheated block.

Then again ive never changed the rad on a beemer... could be a more expensive part on BMW's than other cars.

200Euro to Replace/labour a New Rad which is cheap enough like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement