Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

cab file for o2 ie

• 25-12-2005 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a .cab installation file for gprs/mms for o2 ie? Tnx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

This is a file with the service settings for Smartphones so you dont have to enter everything into the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Haven't seen that offered as a seperate file by O2 for their XDA, only as part of the device ROM to run for the initial power-up configuration (and i don't have one to hand as I usually get SIM free models form the likes of i-mate)...

Probably best looking on the likes of http://www.xda-developers.com/, bearing in mind you'd need to fix for yourself anything you install that may mess up your device!

Should only really take about 5-10 mins to configure the connectivity settings, so you might have it all done in the time it takes to try and track down the file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I have a Win Mobile 5.0 phone, qtek 8310, and it doesnt really work to connect... what settings should i put? primary and sec dns but not ip address? i have tried alot of different combinations and both ordinary wap network and secure wap network but nothing seem to work.

Hoping for someone to point me in the right direction.. :) Someone who has set up gprs on a smartphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

The operator WAP settings should be in one of the stickies above.
    In general though WAP settings shouldn't need any DNS settings as the WAP gateway (usually)takes care of this - it's basically just a proxy server.

For WAP you should be able to get by with
    1. APN (for GPRS)
    2. WAP gateway IP address.

Your IP address is (again, usually) handed out by a RAS or GGSN so you don't need to statically configure it.
    Depending on the network you may need a username/password, often this is just some dummy value.

For ISP access you should be able to get by with just the APN, as DNS/assigned IP should be allocated automatically when you bring up a session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

flodis79 wrote:
    Hoping for someone to point me in the right direction.. :) Someone who has set up gprs on a smartphone

hi, did you have a read of this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166283

answering the relevant Qs... e.g. like operator (i assume O2?), do you have a pre or post pay account, have you checked you are already provisioned for the relevant GPRS access points with their customer support...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

flodis79 wrote:
    I have a Win Mobile 5.0 phone, qtek 8310, and it doesnt really work to connect... what settings should i put? primary and sec dns but not ip address? i have tried alot of different combinations and both ordinary wap network and secure wap network but nothing seem to work.

I have an i-Mate SP5, which is basically the same as the QTEK, and have not had any problems setting it up for Vodafone IE GPRS or MMS.

What settings have you entered? Also with O2 there are different settings for pre and post paid accounts

Advertisement