Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smiths in ranelagh, xmas eve.

• 25-12-2005 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Were you there?

Seriously, who ARE you people?:)

Ive been doing christmas eve there since it became smiths (i used to work in its previous incarnation, o briens) and i can honestly say i hardly knew a soul there tonight apart from the people i was with. Where the hell is everyone coming from? its sure not ranelagh, and it used to be a pretty local crowd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Dustaz wrote:
    Were you there?

Seriously, who ARE you people?:)

Ive been doing christmas eve there since it became smiths (i used to work in its previous incarnation, o briens) and i can honestly say i hardly knew a soul there tonight apart from the people i was with. Where the hell is everyone coming from? its sure not ranelagh, and it used to be a pretty local crowd.

Smiths is probable getting a good rep from the new (ish) owners, they own a good few pubs around dublin, and all are very successfull.

Ive been hearing of more and more people heading to smiths, seems like a good place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It was always a great place, although it used to be better when it was O Briens and that DEVILLISHLY handsome barman worked there *cough*

Dustaz wrote:
    It was always a great place, although it used to be better when it was O Briens and that DEVILLISHLY handsome barman worked there *cough*

hahaha....ye heard about him...jes what a stunner, made a girls legs go weak...

:rolleyes:

heehee, maybe not....

never been there to be honest, although always heard good stuff about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Given that ranelagh is generally mostly students/youngish graduates Id say its fairly likely that most of the people you know have simply gotten married and moved out to the suburbs and a new generation has replaced them.

The days of ranelagh being bedsit/student flat city are long gone :)

Upon further detection apparently there was a spread between humphreys smiths and birchills. It still doesnt explain who all the new people were. Does Kylies or Ashtons close early on xmas eve or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Really? Its still the main area people I know who're students live in..maybe some parts of it have just gone more upmarket.

Dustaz wrote:
    The days of ranelagh being bedsit/student flat city are long gone :)

Upon further detection apparently there was a spread between humphreys smiths and birchills. It still doesnt explain who all the new people were. Does Kylies or Ashtons close early on xmas eve or something?

Nah its definately still packed with students...

Well color me suprised. It seems that everywhere i look in ranelagh its decent restaraunts and bmw's. Theres still a student population, but i was sure they were bussed in from rathmines:)

The grant must be pretty good these days if students can afford the rents:)

Dustaz wrote:
    Well color me suprised. It seems that everywhere i look in ranelagh its decent restaraunts and bmw's. Theres still a student population, but i was sure they were bussed in from rathmines:)

The grant must be pretty good these days if students can afford the rents:)

ye thats for sure, ranalagh certainly is a lovely place to live at the moment.

Advertisement