Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wider signatures?

Options
  • 25-12-2005 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

just wondering why image sigs are limited to 300px wide.

I can keep well within the size limit with a banner 500px by 120px, and it doesnt look so squashed up.

just wondering, as its a real pain switching from a usual more than adequately acceptable 500px by 120px (a lot of forums allow much bigger sizes... I think this is the best, imho) template to something rather limiting.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just wondering how small your penis has to be to have an image-sig to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Pigman II wrote:
    Just wondering how small your penis has to be to have an image-sig to begin with.
    if your best argument is one of comparing body parts, you should keep out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

SolarNexus wrote:
    just wondering why image sigs are limited to 300px wide.

I can keep well within the size limit with a banner 500px by 120px, and it doesnt look so squashed up.

just wondering, as its a real pain switching from a usual more than adequately acceptable 500px by 120px (a lot of forums allow much bigger sizes... I think this is the best, imho) template to something rather limiting.
    I know I'd prefer not to see a 500px wide signature every time I open a thread you posted in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

To be fair, I post on some forums where the signiature image sizes are far more strict, so I think boards is fairly liberal with it's sig rules in this respect, yet I also post on other forums where there are pretty much no sig rules, and it ends up with a lot of people really taking things to extremes, with sometimes not one, but two huge images in signiatures.

So, I think we're ok the way we are now is grand. Things aren't too in your face, and you still get plenty of scope to do lots with your signiature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. The rules are fine the way they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

says the guy with the rule breaking sig

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Small sig pics ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

says the guy with the rule breaking sig
    Erm....Pot, your sig breaks the rules too you know.;)

520 x 120 would be as annoying as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

a real pain switching from a usual more than adequately acceptable 500px by 120px (a lot of forums allow much bigger sizes... I think this is the best, imho) template to something rather limiting.

Wow - a real pain is it? How difficult can it be to resize your amazing sig image to fit the boards.ie guidelines? It's not like anyone will give a **** if they don't see your sig image for the want of you bleating about the rules.

And where is your facts to back up this claim that 500px x 120px is "adequately acceptable". Imo 300px by 120px - is loads. The best sigs on boards are the smaller ones - as the smallest ones require the most fine tuning and tweaking"

Finally -

cellularsquirrel3.jpg

• Advertisement

007px

dammit

you caught me Ruggie

i was unaware myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I read boards in a small window. If anyone's post stretches outside if that window due to huge sig, I won't read it. I doubt I'm the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i know mine is breaking the rules, but her legs are so damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

rsynnott wrote:
    I read boards in a small window.

o_0

EXPLAINAGE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

No let the rules as they are,
    I Hate Change.*

*I love Change as in €€€'s and ¢¢¢'s though

o_0

EXPLAINAGE!

What? What's wrong with that?

netwhizkid wrote:
    No let the rules as they are,
    I Hate Change.*

*I love Change as in €€€'s and ¢¢¢'s though
    you're a prat
    you're a prat
    you're a prat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

rsynnott wrote:
    I read boards in a small window. If anyone's post stretches outside if that window due to huge sig, I won't read it. I doubt I'm the only one.
    em rob you are man? thats pointless.

em rob you are man? thats pointless.

I have a 1024x768 monitor. I like to have the odd terminal window constantly visible. No worthwhile website that I know of requires large screen widths....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Alt Tav (well the mac equiv for ya) is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pigman banned for needless abuse.

DeV.

Advertisement