Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merry Christmas Losties

• 25-12-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

xmas7on.jpg

Have a good Christmas everybody.

The forum's a bit quiet for my liking so I don't know how many people will get seeing this, but come back later on, I've got a special present under the tree from a relative, that I think you'll all like! More info soon.

;)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You've got me interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Right, so I find out this yoke is for me:
    pc2500300zc.jpg

But, wait a second... that's queer...
    pc2500317vt.jpg

Holy shit Batman! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    pc2500321vx.jpg

Episode 2x03 - Orientation - ***US*** SPOILERS
    pc2500360dd.jpg

One or two pages are missing, but it's no big deal.
    pc2500378ie.jpg

Tee hee hee, good ol' Hurley
    pc2500385yg.jpg

A friend of a friend had lunch with Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), over in England. He gave him his actual script for this episode, which was then photocopied and handed over to me. Ok, so it may not be the original, but I'm sure you'll agree it's still pretty fucking cool.
    Merry Christmas to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

marry me?

a/s/l ?

21/f/an island

• Advertisement

*coat ruffles as /me pegs it down to the ferry port*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

over nighting it in stanstead and reading your post.

I've seen other scripts on line and they dont seem to match up. The language also doesnt seem to be inline with what i'd expect from lost.

I reckon its a fake but wouldnt mind being proved wrong

tis real

seen the ep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

:eek: wow! thats some awesomeness.....

Henry Ian Cusick is an awesomely nice guy(from what ive seen both on his official website and on the fuselage)

i got a neat LOST surprise too on christmas eve, i'll get pics up soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I got the offical Lost calander :D and the Lost chronicals of Santa :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

kearnsr wrote:
    over nighting it in stanstead and reading your post.

I've seen other scripts on line and they dont seem to match up. The language also doesnt seem to be inline with what i'd expect from lost.

I reckon its a fake but wouldnt mind being proved wrong

Definitely real - the script style is spot-on, as is its use of plot beats and layout. It's more likely some of those online are not real. The one qz posted is definitely a copy of an actual shooting script. Pink revision means it's either the third or tenth revision (probably third). Nice present, though. Maybe you might PDF it for us all someday, if we're really good?! :)

doh.ie wrote:
    Definitely real - the script style is spot-on, as is its use of plot beats and layout. It's more likely some of those online are not real. The one qz posted is definitely a copy of an actual shooting script. Pink revision means it's either the third or tenth revision (probably third). Nice present, though. Maybe you might PDF it for us all someday, if we're really good?! :)

Maybe you could tell me how to do such a thing... :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

qz wrote:
    Maybe you could tell me how to do such a thing... :v:

You'd need a scanner for this, one with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) which would convert the material from the script into a Word file, keeping the margins and formatting in the same places. (If you have a paper feed scanner, that'd be quick enough, otherwise, each page would have to be inserted manually.) You'd then convert the Word file to a PDF using some of the freeware programs designed for that. I'm half-wondering if 'Ian Cusick' across the middle might throw an OCR scanner off, in which case none of it might work properly anyway!

But that's a lot of trouble - unless someone knows another way to scan a large document, in picture form over OCR. (I know fancier scanners can paper feed an entire document and scan direct to PDF, but I'm not sure how accurate they are.)

Advertisement