Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

change german language to english

• 25-12-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

can anyone help me, ive just got my new computer from jes-computer.de but windows is in german, how can i change it to english, ive already changed everything to english in regional settings in the control panel, as far as i am aware i need a multilingual language interface package from microsoft, only this is for windows xp pro only and i am using windows xp home.

<Snip>
    jason

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

as far as i am aware i need a multilingual language interface package from microsoft, only this is for windows xp pro only and i am using windows xp home.
    And the bad news is that AFAIK they only sell the multilanguage pack to volume license customers and I believe it costs about the same as a home license anyway.

M$ want you to buy a new Home license, simple as that.

They've made it a lot more difficult to apply patches and service packs in other languages which was possible ages ago.

The charter says NO CRACKZ !

I'd suggest reinstall any apps you can to pick up the English language settings as many third party apps that come with laptops have multiple languages.

Does anyone have any suggestions that don't break the license ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Does anyone have any suggestions that don't break the license ?

talk to "jes" or learn german!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Would it not be in keeping with the licence to find an English copy of XP Home and install it using the licence key from the german one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can install Internet Explorer and possibly .NET in English and media player.

If you want to start changing names manually...
    http://www.freewebs.com/ankitasdeveloper/articles/AnkitXPHindi1.htm

Advertisement