Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and NTL

• 25-12-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭

Right, I have NTL broaband(1mb) and my dad is getting Eircom for free in 2006, i have both here(i have to wait for the eicrom to be turned on). Is there a way that i could set ub both at the same time to one computer and get higher download speeds(for the short time that i have both befor my parents cancel NTL)???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Why on earth would you cancel NTL for Eircon???? NTL is a far better service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

...because he is getting eircom for free.

no you cant combine both, eircom will be slower but FREE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I would choose quality, unless it is Eircon BB, Line rental and calls for free. NTL and VOIP will be cheaper.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

okcomputer wrote:
    no you cant combine both

Actually that is not true, it can be done but it isn't easy or cheap.

BTW I'd say hold onto NTL, Eircom just isn't as reliable or as fast. I had both DSL and NTL for about 2 months and NTL was far better (lower pings, faster speeds, no downtime).

Advertisement