Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6230i Question

• 25-12-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

I just got my new 6230i today (great phone). It mentions being able to connect it to my computer via a USB data cable. Should this cable have come with my fone coz it didn'. If not, how am i meant to get one??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I doubt it came with it. Check the phone networks / shops description ("Data compatible" means "it possible to transfer data but do it at your own expense and in your own time" :p)
    You can get the cables from most phone shops, although cheapest may be eBay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

O.K> Thanks for the help. Do you know how much I could pick one of these up for from a vodafone shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You don't get a data cable with the 6230i (which is disgraceful considering the cost of the phone). Phone shops retail for anything up to 50euro. eBay goes as high as 20inc delivery if you look properly. I know where I'd go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Hey Hunty, these DKU cables are about 50 - 60 quid in the shops, I have one that I bought but dont need any more, wanna make me an offer?

depends. where abouts do ya live. I dont wana go too far to get one

• Advertisement

Im in Chapelizod, €25 and I can deliver to you if your within a 20 minute drive

Nah if its dat much i think ill jus do without it

Well its feck all use to me so make me an offer then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Haha, Nokia and their bloody cables!
    I love my SE K750 with it's cable included! :p

A Bluetooth dongle would be cheaper (€20)?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?action=Varesok&likePattern=bluetooth%20dongle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6230i doesnt come with a cable. e35 in the o2 experience store is the cheapest ive seen in a shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

They're 60 in carphone warehouse. Buy a memory card reader if it's just photos, tones, mp3's you want to stick on the phone. You can get them for around 16 quid on the net inc. delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

Hunty wrote:
    O.K> Thanks for the help. Do you know how much I could pick one of these up for from a vodafone shop?
    why buy in vodafone shop start a thread in the fs mobiles wanted section,now and again you can pick up one for a tenner/maybe fifteen there;)

Advertisement