Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with car stereo turning on

Options
  • 25-12-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I have my car ('01 Punto ELX) two months now and about a month ago strange things started happening with the radio/CD player. It's not the factory fit one, it's a Blaupunkt.

Basically it will not turn on until i've been driving for about half an hour. Yesterday I drove home to my parents having not used the car in about a week, and it took half an hour before the stereo would power on.

About an hour after I got home a friend called over and we drove into town - the stereo came on instantly as soon as I turned the car on.

We were in town about two hours and again, the stereo came on as soon as the car started up.

Does this sound like it could be an issue with the car battery? Or a loose connection from the stereo?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Probably a loose connection somewhere, even if the battery was too flat to start the car the radio would probably still work.

Advertisement