Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to throw out a bed?

Options
  • 25-12-2005 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to order a new double bed this coming week, and need to get rid of the single bed that's in my room.

It won't fit in my car so I can't take it to the dump...does anyone know of any companies that will dispose of this sort of thing?

It's in pretty good condition so I had thought of giving it to SVP but I heard they don't take furniture anymore.

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

some places, when delivering something new, will take the old with them when they leave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b3n

Get in touch with your local authority, Fingal Co Co or Dublin City Council. They provide a collection service. Youd have to book it in advance and pay etc

Fingal offer this service for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

b3n wrote:
    Get in touch with your local authority, Fingal Co Co or Dublin City Council. They provide a collection service. Youd have to book it in advance and pay etc

Fingal offer this service for definite.

Ah cool, that sounds great, i'll check it out next week. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Councils tend to operate "junk" collections a few times per year.

Is it in good enough condition to put on the For Sale board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

eth0_ wrote:
    Ah cool, that sounds great, i'll check it out next week. Ta!
    did you find out how much it was eth0_ ? i've a double i'm dumping.. getting a single..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

eth0_ wrote:
    It won't fit in my car so I can't take it to the dump...does anyone know of any companies that will dispose of this sort of thing?
    !

Strap it to the roof - seriously, you won't damage the car if you keep the mattress side down. Bring it to one of the council bring centres for disposal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i broke my old one up in the garden and burnt it in the fireplace in the house over christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

if you are taking the base apart wear eye protection and close your mouth, the small nails have a tendency to fly everywhere if you get over-enthuaistic with the hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

ehh, just throw it in a field and let the pikeys use it for y'know, crude fornication.

TBH, I suppose you could actually just get a good few rubbish bags, rip it open and put the fluffy stuff in the bags, and the springs in a cardboard box or something box. most likely the cheapest way, plus you can take your anger out on it when tearing it open. It's a win win deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Numina wrote:
    ehh, just throw it in a field and let the pikeys use it for y'know, crude fornication.

TBH, I suppose you could actually just get a good few rubbish bags, rip it open and put the fluffy stuff in the bags, and the springs in a cardboard box or something box. most likely the cheapest way, plus you can take your anger out on it when tearing it open. It's a win win deal!
    That's what I did, good exercise, kept the timber for odd jobs and the fire, and now the springs are rusting behind the shed as a nice security feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

tie_mi_shu wrote:
    i've a double i'm dumping.. getting a single..
    Why dont ye just swap? :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

i broke my old one up in the garden and burnt it in the fireplace in the house over christmas.

Of course anybody living in Dublin shouldn't do as it is illegal. Many things can be composted including many bed parts. The bring centres also take wood. Check the local council as they should tell you how and what service they provide to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Of course anybody living in Dublin shouldn't do as it is illegal. Many things can be composted including many bed parts. The bring centres also take wood. Check the local council as they should tell you how and what service they provide to help.
    if i did that what would i burn in the fireplace back to turf i guess.

Advertisement