Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of Gadgets

Options
  • 25-12-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Tis the season to be jolly and all that but Ive noticed that at least one person in every household that I know is getting some sort of gadget, whether it be a PSP or an Ipod or a new PC but with the push from the government these days to properly dispose of electrical goods do people out there really know what to do with their old gadgets?

Added to the fact that WEEE charges have been added to every electrical item on sale I feel that the public should be made aware of how to properly dispose of their old gadgets.

Some information I found :
    http://oasis.gov.ie/public_utilities/waste_management/waste_from_electric_and_electronic_equipment.html
    http://www.eic.ie/legislation/weee.htm

If anyone has anything to add please do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

You can get rid of all electric waste these days in your local waste transfer station usually for free although some places may charge just to enter the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

netwhizkid wrote:
    You can get rid of all electric waste these days in your local waste transfer station usually for free although some places may charge just to enter the place!
    do you even think about what you type?

In other news, pm me and I'll pick up your old gadgets and dispose of them.
    *ahem*
    no really.
    Im pretty poor.
    Broken 64 meg mp3 players would make my christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hahaha: "weee"

I've been meaning to throw out an old busted DVD drive, I was wondering how do dispose of it.
    I could take my anger out on it and let my other bits of technology watch.... you know, make an example of it?
    "This is what happens to gear that breaks!"
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAARARGHHHGGHGHHH!
    *bashes with sledgehammer repeatedly*
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

A good way to get rid of unwanted gadgets is to give them to somone else yes,
    But thats not why I made this post, Im talking about the end life of gadgets,when nobodys wants them and you cant get rid of them, how you should dispose of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

I think, though i could be slightly wrong here, that you can bring 'em into a shop e.g. Power City and the likes and they will dispose of them for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement