Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

v3 vs l6

• 25-12-2005 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'm looking at a new phone and I'm trapped between two

The motorola v3 and motorola l6

First of all, I need the phone to work when I go back the united states (transfer it back to a different network) provided I have it unlocked will either of these work?

Now there are a lot of features on each phone, i need help translating which ones are actually useful and which are marketing hype.

On the v3....
    * Alerts: up to 40 Polyphonic ringtones
    * MP3 Ringtones
    * 22 Khz Polyphonic Speaker, 24 Chord support
    * Downloadable Themes: animated screensavers, wallpapers and ringtones
    * J2ME™ Games:(Embedded & downloadable)
    * MotoMixer (Remixable MIDI ringer software)
    * MPEG4 Video Clip Playback with sound
    * Integrated Digital Camera
    * Built-In Hands-Free Speakerphone
    * Bluetooth® Compatible
    * MMS (Picture / photo + text + sound)
    * EMS 5.0
    * SMS Chat one-to-one
    * Mobile Concatenation
    * Predictive Text (iTap™)
    * Nokia Smart Message Receive
    * Bands: Quad-Band
    * Display: Internal: 262k TFT Color (176 x 220)

and On the l6

* Display Type : 128 x 160, 65K color CSTN
    * 10MB of built-in memory
    * Slim profile
    * Precision Cut Metal Keypad
    * Scratch-resistant glass display
    * Integrated Digital VGA Camera with 4 x Digital Zoom
    * MP3 ringtones
    * Downloadable J2ME™ games
    * Video capture and playback : H.263, MPEG4, 3GPP
    * Picture caller ID
    * In-built Hands-free Speaker Phone
    * MMS Messaging
    * Bluetooth® Technology
    * Tri-band
    * USB Connection Port : enhanced mini USB connector (EMU)

it's a 70 euro difference so I want to make sure i make a good choice.......any thoughts?

Much appreciated lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'm looking at a new phone and I'm trapped between two

Assuming you mean the V3X, it beats the LG on the majority of features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Honestly? Avoid both and get the Sony Ericsson K700i. Motorola are pretty shoddy at the moment, with their phones being pretty crappy. I have used the new V3x and they seem to be taking a step in the right direction, so maybe their future phones will be better. As it is, I'd avoid both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Orionetheus

that phone isnt availible with o2 :(

• Advertisement

my max is 199....i dont need a music player...i have an ipod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I like motorolas (and have had them for some time now, with no problems). My mother still has a v66i, and my father has consistently abused a v220 for over a year (it no longer has paint, but works as well as new)

I bought a v360 recently, and love it. It still has the slightly dodgy motorola addressbook, but it is rock solid, well built, and does pretty much everything as it should. I think it was the same price as the L6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

id get the v3x instead of the v3

does o2 have that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

does o2 have that?

If you want a V3X It's down to 3 and Vodafone. o2 have no Apparent plans to run *any* 3G service.

If you do go with one of the above two, I'd suggest Vodafone. As on 3 you're restricted to approved sites only.

Given the age, 199 Euros for the V3 is far too expensive.

• Advertisement

xanthor wrote:
    If you want a V3X It's down to 3 and Vodafone. o2 have no Apparent plans to run *any* 3G service.

Then why are they quoting 3G prices on their web site under the call costs section? As far as I know, O2 are starting their 3G network in the first half of 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Does 3G on phones even serve a purpose for most people?

Would a vodafone branded handset not be utterly destroyed with their "live" nonsense? At least 02 brand their phones very very lightly.

O2 have had a 3G data service for about 5 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, anyone remember during the summer, there were heavy rumours of )2 going 3g? I asked in one of their shops, and they said they'd be live by xmas.. Still waiting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

maidhc wrote:
    Does 3G on phones even serve a purpose for most people?

Would a vodafone branded handset not be utterly destroyed with their "live" nonsense? At least 02 brand their phones very very lightly.

O2 have had a 3G data service for about 5 months or so.
    ye they have great purpose especially when it comes to the internet your able to watch tv and loads of other things
    i got this phone on 3 there the other day and i was amazed
    and i highly recommend 3 there so cheap and they offer way more than vodafone in terms of 3g and almost all of it is free
    and there only very new and have more 3g coverage that vodafone
    i know im giving vodafone a hard time but they screwed me on price for so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wez wrote:
    Yeh, anyone remember during the summer, there were heavy rumours of )2 going 3g? I asked in one of their shops, and they said they'd be live by xmas.. Still waiting..
    They're saying March now.

Advertisement