Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moto E770v?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got it a few weeks ago and i think its a great phone, camera, mp3 player are all very good. Dont know what expert users think but i dont have a bad word to say about it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Just bought... looks pretty cool so far...

Problem is, I can't get the back to click on. It just won't fit and I don't want to force it. It came in a separate bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Is this any good? It sounds like excellent value for the amount of functions on offer... Is there a catch?

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=phones&productId=17988

the catch is that motorola makes shoddy phones. i saw one today with faulty bluetooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

oooo one phone with bluetooth lets kill em all *eyeroll*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

give them a call about it .... j8mxll.gif

(I have the E770v and hope it's as good as my old noki :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Brilliant phone.
    I love it.
    Great camera.
    Just wondering though

how do I get the wired headphones to work with it?

I tried plugging them into the phone but the sound still came through the phones speaker.

Also I didn't get any phone tools cd with the phone.
    Im gonna buy a usb cable soon.
    Just need to know also

Do you have to have the phonetools cd in order for you to be able to transfer music and other stuff to the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Yeah I thought I was gonna get a free usb... Ah well...

You can use bluetooth if you have it... Don't know about headphones... haven't bothered trying... Camera is good yeah...

As for the back cover, I think I'll go into the shop about it tomorrow. Might be faulty, though it looks fine... hmmmmm.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

liamskater wrote:
    oooo one phone with bluetooth lets kill em all *eyeroll*

that is the only e770 ive ever seen tho. i see faulty motorolas several times a day. they're not even consistent. every phone has something unique wrong with it. every time a good motorola comes out i think maybe this one will be different but they never are

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

quinnd6 wrote:
    Brilliant phone.
    I love it.
    Great camera.
    Just wondering though

how do I get the wired headphones to work with it?

I tried plugging them into the phone but the sound still came through the phones speaker.

Just need to know also

Do you have to have the phonetools cd in order for you to be able to transfer music and other stuff to the phone?

Not being smart here but did you plug them all the way in ? It happened me on one occasion that they hadn't gone in totally fully.

You can transfer files in a few ways:

- connect with a bog standard usb cable and you can drag n drop to the memory card (just set usb connectivity on the phone to be "memory card",

- use bluetooth to drop over files from your pc,

- remove the card and use a card reader using the supplied SD adapter.

I purchased the 'Phone tools' kit seperately .... it cost me 29.00 euro's and included a usb cable ..... cable works fine per parsi's post above but gave up on trying to get the tools to work ...... I can get it to recognise a phone being connected but did not identify it:( (even after updating the software) ....... anyway, I'm happy enough with the phone and for anyone who gets it for 109.00 euro and 100.00 credit I guess you can always throw it away after a couple of weeks if you don't like it(keep the sim tho to get all the credit thru) :D

• Advertisement

Yeah thanks guys
    the headphones weren't in right tried it last night again and got it to work sorry for wasting time.
    For anyone who might be wondering From what I heard I think the qualitys pretty good with the headphones and clear, clearer than through the phones speaker and it sounds like any portable cd player through the headphones in my opinion.
    Anyway it has to be a mini usb cable right?
    cos Ive got a normal usb cable connected to my printer and it won't fit.

cos Ive got a normal usb cable connected to my printer and it won't fit.

You can say that again! ...... ;)

and don't forget parsi's comments above ....

connections > select usb > select memory card and then ....

plug usb cable into phone .... usb cable into pc ...

double click on my computer and you should be able to open drive E (or something similar to see your mem card content) :p

If you have 'safely remove hardware' use it before removing usb cable from pc when you have finished ....

that's it .... :D

Great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭thelurcher

AVOID THIS PHONE - it does not work with a lot of types of bluetooth devices :mad:

I got it working with a headset but as for even finding other phones and PC's it's useless.

Will pair with my Mac but there are no services available and you can't send files to or from it - seems to be happening with lots of people that have one.

With basic functionality like this broken - they can't have put much time into testing the product - so what else is knackered or going to go wrong :confused:

AVOID THIS PHONE - it does not work with a lot of types of bluetooth devices

I got it working with a headset but as for even finding other phones and PC's it's useless.

Will pair with my Mac but there are no services available and you can't send files to or from it - seems to be happening with lots of people that have one.

With basic functionality like this broken - they can't have put much time into testing the product - so what else is knackered or going to go wrong

Strange ... :confused: .... everyone I know with this phone are delighted with it ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

My friends one is grand sending/finding/receving files via bluetooth.I sent lots of mp3's to it no problem and finds me no problem.Its confusing sending files via bluetooth though.They should just have it in the send menu rather than copy to bluetooth menu.

Will it take any mini usb cable?

or does the cable have to be of a certain type?
    does it have to be a motorola cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Mini Usb it takes I think.There pretty common as I got one with my Ngage and Camera.

Will it take any mini usb cable?

I'm fairly certain any standard "usb > mini plug" cable will do ...parsi should be online later or Sunday and can give you his view on that
    (I think he uses just a standard cable) ....

I purchased a Moto cable for mine from my local phone shop .... does a great job ... :)

hobie wrote:
    I'm fairly certain any standard "usb > mini plug" cable will do ...parsi should be online later or Sunday and can give you his view on that
    (I think he uses just a standard cable) ....

I purchased a Moto cable for mine from my local phone shop .... does a great job ... :)

Good Lord - I'm becoming a quoted person...

The cable is like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mini_usb_b_male.jpg

I use the one that came with my blackberry, if you have one for a psp it will do the job as well.

I've sold off my two e770v's and have moved on to a k750i but they were grand phones and worked very well and being able to use a regular cable for data transfer (and charging) is definitely a bonus.

• Advertisement

its a mini usb not the standard one ;)

Yep ... that's the one I have ..... :)

Mini_usb_b_male.jpg

yup i have that in black :)

Ok I went into 4 shops in Dublin looking for a motorola mini usb cable and none of them had one so I think Ill probably find it near impossible to find a motorola one.

But I did see a psp mini usb cable in one of them and didn't get one cos I wasn't sure if it would work but If it will work ok and won't be any slower than a motorola cable and not have any problems I think Ill get the psp one.

There's nothing fancy about the Moto cable .... well, except it is black and you get a nice Moto sign on the plugs .... and it probably costs a little bit more :confused: ......

I certainly wouldn't worry if you can't get the genuine Moto version ... follow parsi's advice and you wont go far wrong on E770v questions .... :p

found m usb cable now yay! Everything works thanks ladies

found my usb cable now yay! Everything works thanks

Another E770v man who has achieved the "impossible" .... ;)

well done ... :p

;) hehe
    I have software that you can enable voice recording on the phone but dont wana put it on incase i fook it up... what you think???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Having used it for a while longer I do think this phone is worth twice the money I paid for it - even though Bluetooth functionality is non-existant for me!

BUT: Just this morning the mini USB has died!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: So now I have no connectivity at all.
    Tried 2 different cables on 3 different computers.

• Advertisement

Did you check that the usb connectivity setting didn't change ?

Advertisement