Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moto E770v?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

(Not to just presume anything here man)

But what exactly are you doing to the phone/USB cable that both have failed on you!?

My bluetooth hasn't skipped a beat (other than the setup initally, which I had to get used to after coming from a k750i) and the cable works totally fine with it too....

...just curious...If its a faulty phone go back with it to the store, letting ti just sit there ain't gonna fix it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Does anybody know where all the menus are in the phone to change the Wap and MMS settings?
    I unlocked the phone and need to change them all to metoer

Thanks

Go to the vodafone site and find the list for the settings (in Networks I think)

then enter as per link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166283

Im looking for where they are in the actual phone.

Thanks anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The settings are a bit awkward to get to but one batch can be accessed by clicking the Vodafone Live icon in the menu screen (NOT the softkey) and internet profiles and servers should be in there - its a bit picky though.

MMS server can then be chosen from message settings options in messaging.

Another way to get some flavour of how to configure is to logon to my vodafone (if you can) and go to phone settins choose the v1050 which seems to have similar structured menus...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

download LeaderGL FlexEditor to make the video length from 3 mins to an hour. saw this on gsmarena.com in the 'read opinons' on the E770v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I plugged my e770v in to charge the battery earlier on today.I had the phone turned off when I plugged it in.
    The screen turned white and has remained white since.
    I can't get the phone to turn or do anything.
    Has anyone ever had this problem and how do you fix it?

take out battery, put it back in i presume

This can happen to almost any phone from what I'm told. Has to do with the type of battery (or something) the sudden influx of power, or max usage of options (resulting in same), can "scramble" the processor (if you will) and freeze the phone...

It's happened me twice also, if I was part way through a text, hit save for too long (which also activated the Live menu) and then accidently pressed the camera button...

I'm told its no harm, just a very slight bug... honestly if thats all that's occasionally wrong with 'em for that price... I'm happy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

As the proud owner of a E770v and now into my 3rd month I have to say I've never seen the white screen problem mentioned above but I've copied the notes posted and filed them away for future ref if I hit the same situation ....

this is what Boards.ie is partly all about .... problem solving :)

• Advertisement

well said hobie, they are great. I have 2 of them and my dad has one. Nice phone converted a hour long movie to 17mb which is not so bad.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The phone may be OK, but the software sucks big time! I've just been given an E770V by Vodafone to replace a V550 that's been a disaster for the last 6 months, and been replaced under warranty 3 times, and each time it's been replaced, the same faults have shown up.

Now I've got this E770V.

THe latest version of Phone tools is a nightmare, there are bugs all over the phonebook area, things like putting a number in an available box, and the phone not being able to recognise it. Then there's the problem that it shows an update option for the phonebook on the computer, and another for the phone, if update is selected, they both update at the same time, which is not what the text says. From what I can see, the database structure between phone tools and the E770V is a major issue, the phone does not hold records in the same structure as the phone tools software, and it gets very easily confused when trying to do the update, that usually results in duplicated user records, which confuses the software big time.

THe phone software gets confused very easily. In theory, it allows more than one number per contact, but be VERY careful how you put the extra numbers in, if by mistake you end up with 2 numbers in the same category, eg Work, then not only will you be unable to get back into the contact entry to correct it, if there are any instances of the number in your incoming or outgoing call logs, you will be unable to access them at all, it will bounce back to the menu without showing anything.

The only way to get out of this is to delete the contact from the phone book without accessing it, as if you try to get in to it, that will also bounce back to the menu.

I've also had problems with the backup and restore routines in phone tools not running correctly, and with it doing things that it's not supposed to.

If you've set a specific ring tone or picture for a number in the contacts, don't try to do a restore from backup before putting the files back over, that issue will also crash the restore routine.

I've yet to get bluetooth to work with it on PC connect, that's an issue with phone tools and XP, XP is trying to allocate a COM port that's out of the range that phone tools will accept, and the range issue is a screw up within XP that doesn't correctly release com port assignments when they change, and with bluetooth using a new number for each port on a hub, that's soon an issue. Fortunately, I can use the USB option to connect.

The better points are that if a custom ring tone is used, it will now also get transferred to the bluetooth headset.

Signal quality is OK ish, and if Vodafone would only get their act together on things like answering E-mail and upgrading areas of very bad coverage that are close to major urban areas, there might be a chance that I'd be happy with them, but at the moment, when I can go from 3 bars to no signal at all without moving the phone, and then wait for over 2 weeks for them to respond to E-mails to customer care, that tells me something.

Unfortunately, my conclusion is that Mototola are unable to get their act together on the software side, to the extent that they've now removed their contact us facility on the web site, if you try to contact them, you will end up at their questions database, with no way to get to send them anything, or even to find out how to. Thats' indicative of a company that no longer has the resources or the ability to deal adequately with it's customers. Pity, as in many respects, the newer Motorola phones looked like they might be developing into adequate competition for Nokia

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Must admit I gave up on Phone tools ages ago .... saved me a lot of grief :D

My BELKIN Bluetooth dongle came with a load of software and its working great ... :)

oh, and the gal in my life just brought me back a smashing leather case for it from Spain, that cost her all of 3.00 euros .....

(well she was always extravagant when buying pressies for me ...:p )

hobie wrote:

oh, and the gal in my life just brought me back a smashing leather case for it from Spain, that cost her all of 3.00 euros .....

(well she was always extravagant when buying pressies for me ...:p )

She should have held off until Tuesday ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

it said picture failed

If you ever see 'Picture capture failed' simply power down the phone ..... wait 10 secs .... power up and off you go .... :p

..... it's due to Extra-terrestial cosmic radiation ..... well that's what the local garage mechanic told me .... :D

(happens to me now and then ......)

Regarding the white screen problem I had , I brought the phone into the shop on thursday and they said it was fine and when that happens all you have to do is hold down the power button until it turns on.
    So its working fine now anyway.

However before I went to the shop I asked about it on the motorola website.
    I just got a reply now from motorola saying that there is a fault in my phone and that I should ring them and organise for them to repair it.
    So who do I believe and what do I do?
    I know it'd be a lot of hassle sending it off to be repaired if it doesn't really need it.
    All my friends iv asked have had the same thing happen to their phones and they have a different brand of phone to what I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I had a problem with the not being able to take pictures but it seems to be cleared up now!!! Apart from that I havnt had any probs and its a good phone for the money.

I bought a mini usb cable for it.
    I set the connectivity on the phone to memory card and put the lead from my phone into the usb port on my pc.
    A removable disk h appeared and I can't access anything on it.
    Everytime I double click on it , it says please insert a disk into drive H.
    Its driving me insane.
    What do I do to get it to work?

You could format the card through the phones menu and try it again. The other option is to take it out of the phone and pop it backin.

• Advertisement

quinnd ..... here's my procedure for usb cable use .... follow it to the 'letter' and it should do the trick ....
    USB to Pc connection ….. Mobile phone

Power down phone (using red button) wait 10 secs ....

Power up phone .. .. ..

On phone …. Connections >select USB > select memory card

USB Cable into phone

USB Cable into PC

My computer > double click on drive x …. Double click on ‘mobile’ ….. you should now see the folders you wish to work with .....

Rem also that you use ‘safely remove hardware (to remove drive x when finished)

drive x being 'H' in your case ? ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Is there any auto standby? Also when the phone is on standby the bloody light comes on everytime a key is touched. So even if you dont use the phone, simply having it bouncing around in your pocket kills the battery very quickly.

Bluetooth is very flakey. The camers is terrible.

Not a good phone.

Fair play to my old Nokia.

Is there any auto standby? Also when the phone is on standby the bloody light comes on everytime a key is touched. So even if you dont use the phone, simply having it bouncing around in your pocket kills the battery very quickly.

Bluetooth is very flakey. The camers is terrible.

You mean your gal didn't bring you back a 3.00 euro super duper leather case from Spain? :( ..... mine did .... :p
    so no battery probs for me ....

Flakey Bluetooth? :eek: ..... well I never found that with mine ... :)

The camera is terrible? .... well I know it's not great buy it takes a reasonable piccy of the old house ... :D

Overall ... what the $$$ did you expect for 9.00 (nine) euros net cost ... ;) all the great characteristics make up for the camera in my opinion ... :p

mhsrxh.jpg

Hey,

I unlocked this phone and have a meteor sim card in it but im having trouble changing the MMS and Wap settings to the meteor ones.

these are the settings in the sticky thread above for meteor
    WAP Settings (from Faltermyer)

GPRS WAP:

Profile Name: Meteor GPRS WAP
    IP Address: 010.085.085.085
    Homepage: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    Port Number: 9201
    Connection Type: GPRS
    APN: wap.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap

MMS GPRS

Profile Name: Meteor MMS
    IP Address: 010.085.085.085
    MMS Server URL / Homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Port Number: 9201
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Password: mms

ISP GPRS

Profile Name: Meteor ISP
    APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Password: isp
    IP and DNS are supplied on connection.

WAP 2.0 Settings (from Karsini)

GPRS (WAP 2.0):

APN: wap.mymeteor.ie
    Homepage: http://www.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy Server: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 8799

MMS (WAP 2.0):

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy Server: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 8799

But when i go to where i enter the MMS setings to change them the only things i have to change are these

Service Name:

Server Name:

Web session Name:

and when i go to change the wap settings these are the options

Name:
    Homepage:
    Service type1:
    Gateway IP1:
    Port1:
    Domain1:
    Service type2:
    GatewayIP2:
    Port2:
    Domain2:
    DNS1:
    DNS2:
    Timeout:
    CSD No.1:
    User Name1:
    Password1:
    Speed(Bps)1:
    Line type1:modem
    CSD No.2:
    User Name2:
    Password2:
    Speed(Bps)2:
    Line Type2:
    User Name:
    Password:

I need to know where i put what settings because i have no clue.

I would appreciate any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Hey does anybody know how to get a 'Delivery Report' set-up for each SMS sent? I am sick of having to change the setting for each SMS I send.

On the mp3 player how do I fast forward through parts of the song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Chucky wrote:
    Hey does anybody know how to get a 'Delivery Report' set-up for each SMS sent? I am sick of having to change the setting for each SMS I send.

I have been trying to do this for weeks i even emailed technical dept in Motorola but they havnt replied yet!!!! I dont think you can do it automatically.

Yeh, doesn't look likely. I'm assured that I have followed every possible path in the phone's menu and have not found anything to set Delivery Reports on for every message.

On the fast forwarding of songs, well, I don't think that is possible either. You might need an external device...?

Does anybody know where I can get XP drivers for this phone? I cannot find the CD that came with the phone (I might have dumped it).

• Advertisement

What do you need the drivers for ? If you set connectivity to memory card only xp will happily see the memory card as an additional drive - no drivers needed and will charge the phone into the bargain.

If you want to get Phonetools then you'll need the cd.

Advertisement