Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moto E770v?

13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

What do you need the drivers for ? If you set connectivity to memory card only xp will happily see the memory card as an additional drive - no drivers needed and will charge the phone into the bargain.

If you want to get Phonetools then you'll need the cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

I just want to transfer some pictures to it. How do I get XP to read the memory card only?

see Hobies post on the previous page - main point (only point really) is to go into the phone setup menu and select usb connectivity and set it to"memory card" and not "phone memory"...

Ah yes I have it working now. Thank you - That's very interesting.

Good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

well done ..... ;)

another happy E770v user ..... :p

Damn right! It's a good phone and when I first saw the quality of the camera my jaw dropped in amazement. Other things I like about it are its colour, the quiet (when pressed) key-pad, the easy accessibility of the joystick, and the menu system. Plus, having been with Meteor and O2 previous to this phone I am confidant in saying that Vodafone have the best customer service personnel.

when I first saw the quality of the camera my jaw dropped

Our Local council recently fixed a flooding road by laying new underground drain pipes ..... the new road surface has started to fail and I've no doubt someone on a Bike (as in Motor bike) etc is going to kill them selves if they hit the spot at night .... I was so $$$$ off that nothing is being done to fix it that I stopped and took a E770v piccy this morning and dropped it into the local Garda barracks with a note saying "HELP save a life!!!!"

The depth in the photo is about 6 inches :eek:

oji747.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

thelurcher wrote:
    Having used it for a while longer I do think this phone is worth twice the money I paid for it - even though Bluetooth functionality is non-existant for me!

BUT: Just this morning the mini USB has died!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: So now I have no connectivity at all.
    Tried 2 different cables on 3 different computers.

I am experiencing same dificulties. One day the phone works fine all connected up, Next day I can't get it to work. Have a few mates, They used to all work on my PC's and now none of them work on any PC. Its really damn annoying. Got some pictures of the riots in dublin today and can't get them off the damn phones Coinsodently they are the same motorola's. They only seem to work for a short period of time, now no matter what I do I can't them to appear in my Computer.

Hj

I have both Usb and a bluetooth connection and both work fine ......

If you want bluetooth you might try the BELKIN dongle .... it's only 30.00 euros and comes with some handy software and dead simple to use .... :rolleyes:

I got a Moto usb cable .... probably cost me over the odds but it worked from day one .... rem to 'safely remove hardware' when disconnecting ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

I find everything on the phone fine, very good phone, except for the battery life which I get only 48 hrs standby from and thats with making no calls at all just texting and no messing with camera or other features. Anyone else find the battery shyte ?:confused:

The battery has not proved a concern for me so far but that is because I charge my phone eery night. For the price of the phone I would not think the battery is anything special to be honest.

...and Hobie, thank you for dropping that picture of the road-surface into the Garda Barracks. It is so refreshing to learn of kind acts of that nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I'm having the phonebook problems mentioned earlier and it's really affecting me badly! I can't phone certain people, can't see missed calls, and the green button doesn't work. I went into the Vodafone store and they guy refused to believe there were any problems just because two of his friends had the phone, even though when you search online you'll find dozens of reports of problems with the E770v.

Vodafone would only send it for repair, and I couldn't give up my phone there and then so I don't know what to do. If they send it for repair it'll probably come back with the same faulty firmware, right? I wish they'd treat RTG customers better. I'm hoping I can just get some refund or money form them so I can just buy the best phone on any network with Bill Pay :(

Linku .... here's a way out for you .... if you payed 109.00 euros around Christmas (RTG) and your going to get a total of 100.00 euros credit (at 10.00 per month) why don't you get a new phone ...... transfer the sim .... you will still get the credit ....

.... so the whole sorry saga will cost you 9.00 euros ! .... :eek:

In the meantime my old E770v keeps ploughing on ... doing all the things I want it to do .... it must be the 3.00 euro leather case my gal brought me back from Spain ....:D

Our Local council recently fixed a flooding road by laying new underground drain pipes ..... the new road surface has started to fail and I've no doubt someone on a Bike (as in Motor bike) etc is going to kill them selves if they hit the spot at night .... I was so $$$$ off that nothing is being done to fix it that I stopped and took a E770v piccy this morning and dropped it into the local Garda barracks with a note saying "HELP save a life!!!!"

The depth in the photo is about 6 inches

oji747.jpg

well it must have worked because the County council came down in force this morning and road all fixed up .... :)

Hugs and kisses to the local garda station .... and Moto for the piccy ...:p

hobie wrote:
    Linku .... here's a way out for you .... if you payed 109.00 euros around Christmas (RTG) and your going to get a total of 100.00 euros credit (at 10.00 per month) why don't you get a new phone ...... transfer the sim .... you will still get the credit ....

.... so the whole sorry saga will cost you 9.00 euros ! .... :eek:

In the meantime my old E770v keeps ploughing on ... doing all the things I want it to do .... it must be the 3.00 euro leather case my gal brought me back from Spain ....:D
    Unfortunately I bought it for €149 in store before the price dropped, so I'd like to get come money back from them. Also, it'd be nice to have the option to change network if I can get a better phone.

Anyone any tips on getting them to give me some sympathy in the shop? I'm awful at returning things :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

If you have the receipt, throw it on the ground, bring it back to the shop :D

Unfortunately I bought it for €149 in store before the price dropped

oh .... :( ..... the 109.00 was the online price ....
    Anyone any tips on getting them to give me some sympathy in the shop? I'm awful at returning things

I would ask the most gorgeous gal I knew (with the saddest eyes) to take it in and make sure she picks a guy (shop assistant) for help and not the 'Battle Axe' type 'Moma' complete with Viking helmet, as in my local voda store .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

while I'm pretty happy with my E770 (having to negoiate motorola's illogical menu system is a bit of a pain) I have one serious complaint, the screen is hugely prone to scratches, I have the phone less then a month and the screen looks about like its been bashed around for years. It's really bad.

I usually keep the phone in my pocket with my keys and I'm guessing that's the problem but before you suggest putting my phone in another pocket, I've had my phones and keys in the same pocket for 10 years now with no problems remotely close to this one.

Anyone else having this problem?

Joe .... I always used a small 'sock' to carry it in untill the gal in my life brought me back a pressie from Spain .... a really smart leather case that cost her all of 3.00 euros !!! ... mag catch and all .... :)

well she was always extravagant when it comes to presents for me .... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 techiestuffs

Can this phone be used in other networks i.e. O2, T-Mobile, etc?

Also, if USB Mode=Memory Card, and no microSD/Tflash card is inserted in the phone, would I be able to access the phone's storage?

I tried it but it says "Please insert a disk into drive X:.".

Is it just right that this message should appear because I have no memory card?

Is your phone kit came with a memory card?

Thanks a lot!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 techiestuffs

Is this really how this phones camera work?

640x480 as the camera resolution configured, when:
    - 1x Zoom, image res=640x480 (fine, worked as expected)
    - 2x Zoom, image res=320x240????
    - 4x Zoom, image res=160x120????

Zoom? Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Aldi are selling a 4 port USB 2 Hub at the moment for 12.99 and included in the pack is a Mini B cable which I tested and works perfect with the phone.

None left in parnell st had to go to coolock.

Their also selling Sim card readers for 12.99 but blurb says wont work with G3 sims.

Is this really how this phones camera work?

640x480 as the camera resolution configured, when:
    - 1x Zoom, image res=640x480 (fine, worked as expected)
    - 2x Zoom, image res=320x240????
    - 4x Zoom, image res=160x120????

Zoom? Anyone?
    Yep, it actually just crops the picture then blows it up rather than an actual zoom like you might find on a camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Am thinking of this phone at moment as it has free bluetooth headset and I bought a ford focus with bluetooth in car so presume this phone will work grand with it?

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Has anyone else had the white screen problem occur much?
    I turned on the phone this morning and it didn't turn on and instead the screen turned white and remained white but was ok when I removed the battery and put it back in again.
    It happened last friday st. Patricks day aswell.
    Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I had that on one of my E770v's. It needs to be flashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liam Nolan

Hi I just bought a new pc and went to reconnect my e770v to it but I cant find the cd that it came with , I just want to transfer my calander over, anyone know where i can download motorola phone tools, i tried motorolas site but cant find it or is there any free software out there that i could use

• Advertisement
Advertisement