Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'It was easier to miss than score.' (bad quotes etc!)

• 25-12-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tis the season to be jolly or somethin' so heres selection box of quotes from folks whom one would expect inane thoughts!

'We're not used to weather in June in this country.' - JIMMY HILL

'Unfortunately, we don't get a second chance. We've already played them twice.' - TREVOR BROOKING

'He's got a brain under his hair.' - DAVID PLEAT

'There's no way that Ryan Giggs is another George Best : he's another Ryan Giggs.' - DENIS LAW

The Brazilians aren't as good as they used to be, or as they are now.' - KENNY DALGLISH

'Most of the players will be wearing rubbers tonight.' - GARY LINEKER

The teams at the bottom of the premiership are conceding a lot of goals and that's no coincidence.' - BARRY VENISON

'Preki quite literally only has the one foot.' - DAVID PLEAT

'It was easier to miss than score.' - CLIVE ALLEN

Figo is as important to England as Beckham is.' - MARK LAWRENSON

"The Liverpool players are passing the cup down the line like a new born baby. Although when they are back in the dressing room they will probably fill it with champagne, something you should never do to a baby" ALAN PARRY

'I would also think that the replay showed it to be worse than it actually was.' RON ATKINSON

Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.' RON ATKINSON

Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.' er RON ATKINSON

"Apart from their goals, Norway haven't scored" EL TEL

'More football later,but first let's see the goals from the Scottish Cup final.' - DES LYNAM

'Football today would certainly not be the same if it had not existed.' - ELTON WELSBY

Djimi Traore had to adapt to the English game and he did that by going out on loan to Lens last season' - IAN RUSH

He is like an English equivalent of Teddy Sheringham' - TREVOR BROOKING

Feel free to add your own. :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ha ha some quality ones there, surprised george hamilton hasnt made his usual 50 or so appearences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote:
    'More football later,but first let's see the goals from the Scottish Cup final.' - DES LYNAM
    Brilliant! :D

"Ireland have a corner in a great position!" - George Hamilton (I think!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Reporter: Gordon a quick Word..
    Gordon Sttrachan: Velocity *and walks off*

Repoter: Where do you feel they outclassed you today?
    GS: Out there on the big green pitch.

There's loads more of them...gotta find that email.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

sprinkles wrote:
    There's loads more of them...gotta find that email.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054864032&highlight=Strachan

My personal favourite soccer quote is possibly by Steve Lomas, from after a poor result in a Northern Ireland game against some no-hopers like Armenia:

"It was a tough game, they had 11 internationals on the pitch."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Ireland vrs Spain (WC qualifier) i think

George Ham(ilton) - "he's pulling him off, the spainish manager is pulling his captain off"

when micheal was subbed, sheer class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

brilliant lads keep them coming:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Brillliant, the holloway ones are quite good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/4545706.stm

more quotes in there from the year gone past

a good one from Ian Holloway and this ::

""How could they not know? It's not chewing gum, doping is like making love, you need two to do it, the doctor and the athlete.""
    Michel Platini goes all Swiss Toni about doping denials at his former club Juventus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

"I dont think Lee Bowyer is a racist, I think He'd stamp on anybody's head":D
    Rodney marsh I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

abccormac wrote:
    "I dont think Lee Bowyer is a racist, I think He'd stamp on anybody's head":D
    Rodney marsh I think.

brilliant lads anymore gems like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Another Classic from Ian Holloway::

I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season. -
    QPR boss Ian Holloway is quite pleased after his side beat Cardiff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/4594546.stm

and quotes of the week from BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

Heres a one:

"People say footballers have terrible taste in music but I would dispute that. In the car at the moment I've got The Corrs, Cher, Phil Collins, Shania Twain and Rod Stewart." Andy Gray

Advertisement