Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rola bola!

Options
  • 25-12-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

w00t, i got me a rola bola for christmas, it rocks so much :D

i was really surprised how easy it was (its the end of christmas day and ic an juggle for a good two minutes while balancing) although i have unicycled before, maybe the balancing is not entirely disimilar....

yeah, anyway, im pretty stable on it, im able to crouch and touch the ground, juggle stuff. can anyone think of something else to do (tried moving my feet towards the centre, definitely a harder trick...) anyone here an experienced rola bola-er?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

How about trying to stand on one foot in the centre of it?

Which kind did you get? Can you find a link to it on the internet? How much was it, if you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

i got it from santa claus ;)

im pretty sure its the beard one: here
    i haven't tried standing on one foot in the middle yet, although i have at times ended up with just one foot on the board, on the edge, with the other foot suddenly in the air as i try to re-centre....its pretty damn sweet, but sometimes the cylinder moves around and i have to step off to correct it (which seems to disturb my technique, as in, i step back up and i have to try a couple times before returning to balance...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Try do some jumping 180's and 360's, jump mount where youm hold the board jump and the throw the board down thenland on it are cool, add spins for bonus points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Cherries give you an extra life.

w00t, i pulled off my first 180 yesterday :D. it's really addictive.....

I've managed to bring my feet into the centre, but i just wouldn't be able to go one footed.....

anyone here ever tried going one hand and one foot? it's pretty interesting...

• Advertisement

Yeah one footed isn't too hard just face 90 degrees to the normal way and off you go. If your feeling adventurous try a handstand

Yeah one footed isn't too hard just face 90 degrees to the normal way and off you go. If your feeling adventurous try a handstand

lol, i wont be trying that for a while, considering i can't handstand on solid ground.........

A minor set back, if you think about it. Have you tried doing pirouettes where the boards stays in contact with the roller, doesn't work on all makes of rola bolas but is a nice trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

try doing some diablo while on the rola bola. it really helped with smoothing my diablo technique, because anything sudden throws your balance right off.
    Haven't been able to do any juggling for the last 6 weeks tho, broke my arm mountainboarding.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I've tried a bit of rolabola, but the board I had didnt have the little bits on the underside that stop you from sliding right off the roller. I kindof gimped myself. wouldnt mind trying it again.

Emmet - I still have your bloody diabology dvd... I'll try to get to trinity for juggling sometime soon...

• Advertisement

I knew someone had it. grr

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

There's a handstand on a Rola-Bola at about 2mins 5sec into this video..

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=436

Follow the link, then download file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 darrragh

do a google search for indo board videos
    surfers have started using rola bola boards too.
    they seam to think its a new thing but they do great tricks on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Emmet - gave the DVD to Cat. I figure she'll see you before I do...
    I have tacked on little strips of wood onto the underside of the board. But I have since lost the piece of pipe that I was using (which I found in a skip - and was orange...)

remember kids - a bin is where people put rubbish, a skip is where people put their unwanted goods.

Yeah i got that dvd off her on sat cheers

Advertisement