Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox catch up

• 25-12-2005 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

So, I have my 360 and the backwards compatibility list, the question is, having never owned an xbox, what games are worth catching up on?

I've ordered Jade Empire, and I've already played both KOTOR games on PC, along with Fable. I played both Halos and didn't like them. Beyond that I couldn't name any xbox games that interest me, although I'm sure I must have missed some. As a driving fan I've thought about Forza, I don't know all that much about it, but I think I'm all raced out at the moment after PGR3 anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

You really can't go wrong with Ninja Gaiden, the game is as near to perfect as a game can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I loved Beyond Good and Evil. Thought it was class. Also, just finished Pyschonauts on the PC. I think it is coming out on the XBox in Feb. Easily the best game I've played in yonks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

counterstrike. im in same boat as you, i only own 360, and ive only played CS on pc, but its sooo good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea I want to give Ninja Gaiden a go too. And agree about Psychonauts and BG&E, already have them on PC/PS2 respectively though :)

I definitely wouldn't be a counterstrike fan though, brings back horrible memories of LAN party torture, 24 hours of waiting to respawn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

rainbow six 3,not sure if you'll find many on live though.crimson skies aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

the splinter cell series are very good - and should be available quite cheap = if you shop around

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You owe it to yourself and Sega to pick up the criminally ignored Panzer Dragoon Orta if it is on the list. Best action game along with Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. Be warned that if the storyline and universe intrigue you, you may find yourself spending a fortune on a Sega Saturn and Panzer Dragoon RPG like I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You owe it to yourself and Sega to pick up the criminally ignored Panzer Dragoon Orta if it is on the list. Best action game along with Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. Be warned that if the storyline and universe intrigue you, you may find yourself spending a fortune on a Sega Saturn and Panzer Dragoon RPG like I did.

I'd love to but it's not on the compatibility list. Will keep my eye out for it being added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

is cs cs1.6, condition zero or source on the xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

steviec wrote:
    As a driving fan I've thought about Forza, I don't know all that much about it, but I think I'm all raced out at the moment after PGR3 anyway.

u cant go wrong wit forza brillant game :D i dont have pgr3 (plan on getting it in the next few weeks) but forza was by far the best racing game on the xbox1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is cs cs1.6, condition zero or source on the xbox?
    cs on the xbox is standalone, the map textures are different the player skins are different but it mostly resembles cs condition zero which means one thing. it's ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

just picked up the xbox yesterday and got PGR 3 with it . My god the speed is fantastic. Never played forza but i am a huge fan of PGR so that gets my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You owe it to yourself and Sega to pick up the criminally ignored Panzer Dragoon Orta if it is on the list .

Yep, Panzer Dragoon Orta is the business. Another game I loved on the Xbox was Jet Set Radio Future. As was already stated I don't think either of these are on the compatibility list (yet).

Advertisement