Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do you remove a Seat Ibza MK2 head unit

Options
  • 25-12-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ok, its a standerd sized head unit in my car. Its a 5201RDS cassette/Radio. However I am unable to remove it (IE: have no freaken clue how to) There are 4 hows in each coner of the system, however they do not hold screws that I can see. (placing a small alan key in, It seems to go all the way back. Anyone know anything about these cars/head units?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

You need two little 'U' shaped simple wire things which are slightly hooked at the ends .They release the unit and are available in motor factor shops. Not expensive as far as i remember but haven't bought any in last ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Litcagral wrote:
    You need two little 'U' shaped simple wire things which are slightly hooked at the ends .They release the unit and are available in motor factor shops. Not expensive as far as i remember but haven't bought any in last ten years.

By motor factor, you mean a Seat dealers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

sutty wrote:
    By motor factor, you mean a Seat dealers?

No - any car parts dealer. They are a very basic item. You could possible make a pair using a wire clothes hanger or something similar if you are in a hurry as I don't think too many parts shops open on Christmas night!!!

hmm cool, do you have a name of or a picture of the iteam in question? be easier to make one, if I know what they look like :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

there's nothing to it really, you just need to shove something down each of the holes, that releases the catches holding the stereo in. I preferred using small screwdrivers myself because you could then push them against the unit and use them to pull it out, shoving the ends of metal clothes hangers should work fine too though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Here's a pic of what you need
    Tool.JPG

cheers Litcagral, stevenmu, fletch. Been a huge help :)

well got it all installed and working, just need to get a connection converter for the antena, it is different on the head unit than the connection. The head units connection goes into the system, while the antena's connection is mean for an out ward connection. Ah well. A miner setback :D

Advertisement