Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumines High Scores

• 26-12-2005 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

So far one of the best games on the PSP.

There was a thread like this before but it was a little messy so I thought I'd clean it up. My own personal high score,

Sticky plz? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

300,933 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I have got in to the 500k points region but unfortunately I have the Japanese version which doesn't allow you to save your score if the machine turns off which it did for me.

As such mine is only 293k at the moment but I had my first game for months there yesterday and got 250k so by this weekend I hope to have over 500k again.

I am the Lumines master and Dimerocks and Daveirl will attest to this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its true and christ i was getting bored that time he got 600k, now that i own the game however im addicted my high score is only 80k at the moment but ill work on it tonight i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm confused... my high score is about 60k, but thats after about 45 minutes play, and I think I'm about to lose consciousness if I play any more. How long does it take to rack up 600k points? Is there some massive bonus thing I'm missing out on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

mr_angry wrote:
    I'm confused... my high score is about 60k, but thats after about 45 minutes play, and I think I'm about to lose consciousness if I play any more. How long does it take to rack up 600k points? Is there some massive bonus thing I'm missing out on?

same here. there must be some technique there that i'm missing out on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Only way to get the real high scores is to use the 1,000 and 10,000 bonuses for zapping all the blocks of one colour or all of both...the trick is to get enough in the earlier rounds and keep your stacks as low as possible for when things get tricky later in...the later skins get tough but it's just a matter of learning the timings...only 180K myself, haven't played in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I broke 350,000 last night. It took me a good hour though.

General advice from Cabelo: Always go for the full clear and one colour bonuses.

Advice from peeps I've seen get 999,999 and all the extras: Set up rows so that they complete and fall to form another row for the next sweep.

Advertisement