Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant wait to get Back

Options
  • 26-12-2005 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Can you not wait to get back to college?
    This forum is dead and the holidays seem to be dragging by.
    Im also suffering withdrawl symptoms from the wall, the cold, the overpriced horrbile coffee and the stress of trying to get essays done.. Jesus Im never happy.

Expect and "Are you sick of this s**t and want a break" thread in the near futire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

hoidays are flying past for me. Heading off to westport in a couple days so ...no. I can very much wait to get back :p

Grimes wrote:
    Can you not wait to get back to college?

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

Em, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm looking forward to going back, I miss a lot of people, and there's a lot of things I need to sort out that I can't sort out til I'm back.

But on the other hand, I'm enjoying the holidays (probably because I only got something resembling a holiday on friday since I was working full time up to then).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Grimesy ure crazy man, you actually want to be doing work. Your persona on boards truly does reflect your fav Simpsons characther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No way -- I don't want to go back ever! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

The most disturbing part is the time he posted this topic too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yea I cant say Im looking forward to going back. Poxy final year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

It is crap that the forum is dead but I'm definitely enjoying the holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

liking th hols but missin freedom of bein away#sick to death of family
    and work
    grr
    wanta go hme

You could always come back up and set up camp somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yea altho' i'm liking the break from study... at least the family ain't killed one another yet! hang in there scraggs my dear, there's light at the end of the holiday tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You people are the ones who are insane, Not me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

I'm with scraggs! I wana just get back up there where I can live the way I want to without the nagging! And I REALLY miss the night life coz there's nothing to do around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I want to be back so I can get my results, it's a pain not knowing how well I did considering if I f**k up again, I'm outta here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The most disturbing part is the time he posted this topic too...

Ah, christmas insomnia. Slightly different to normal insomnia because it happens at christmas.

These boards are usually rubbish in the wee hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Missing it a bit, but it's nice to have a break. Having two 4000 word essays due in mid-January means it hardly qualifies as a break, though! I took xmas day off from college work, but otherwise it's nose, meet my friend grindstone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

rain on, which English MA are you in, had a look through your other posts, common room...good times, free wine.

Modern one here and those essays are a killer though Ive one nearly done the prospect of starting another breaks my heart, and then of course into thesis land.

Blush_01 wrote:
    Ah, christmas insomnia. Slightly different to normal insomnia because it happens at christmas.

These boards are usually rubbish in the wee hours anyway.

Im actually working at the mo and last night. 8pm-8am doing nothing except watching TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Waltons wrote:
    You could always come back up and set up camp somewhere!

good thinking... so tempted to actually do this!!
    only problem is work although i could out in for a transfer...hmmm ideas ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No I want to stay off for another month!

But on a more important note, how the flip did Grimey become a moderator? Did he get his archaeology forum or what?

It's not fair that all the nice guys out there get overlooked for moderator positions.

Grimey gets access to the sex forum and I don't. What a joke.

/rant over

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    good thinking... so tempted to actually do this!!
    only problem is work although i could out in for a transfer...hmmm ideas ideas

Make up a doll of yourself and attach a looping tape that sings "I work hard for the money".
    Voila!
    Honestly, I don't know what you'd do if it wasn't for boards :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

zinc wrote:
    rain on, which English MA are you in, had a look through your other posts, common room...good times, free wine.

Modern one here and those essays are a killer though Ive one nearly done the prospect of starting another breaks my heart, and then of course into thesis land.
    i'm also in modern. curse you with your one nearly done. i'm only starting into nerys's now. michelle's will be a rush job and then some. who're you? i'm going to take a wild guess that you're paul.
    edit: i just looked through the rest of your posts, you're totally paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

No I want to stay off for another month!

But on a more important note, how the flip did Grimey become a moderator? Did he get his archaeology forum or what?

It's not fair that all the nice guys out there get overlooked for moderator positions.

Grimey gets access to the sex forum and I don't. What a joke.

/rant over

But he is mod of the star wars forum!!I'm afraid to say that this may be the pinnacle of nerdom-computer mod on star wars chat room!!!Not that I can talk,little miss posting at 1.00am on stephens night!!Kinda lookin forward to heading back this term because of one very exciting event coming up for me but apart from that its so nice being down here-all warm, and cuddly in my freshly wahes fluffy dressing gone,eating my mums home made scones...hmmmm...doesnt get much better...

I'm just dreading the library fine that i never paid.....2 short loan books over a week late :(

I did the chicken-shít thing and dropped them in the drop-box and legged it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

slaps on the wrists for peachy.
    Thats no way for a mod or someone in their final year to behave...your supposed to set an example for all us first years! ;)

B-K-DzR wrote:
    slaps on the wrists for peachy.
    Thats no way for a mod or someone in their final year to behave...your supposed to set an example for all us first years! ;)

haha! I am! This is the way students are supposed to behave!

Now, i really should do that essay that was due on the 14th :(

Just to clarify there MNG and Panda .

1)Im the Archaeology Forum mod, havnt got a clue why it says Star Wars. Trying so hard to get it fixed

2)I also subscribed to boards for the funky stars and the avatar! Cost me €50 and all! Hence the sex forum hehehe..... is good!

Now im must cast away my inferiors in order to claim the prize for myself just as the boxer must shed roll after roll of disgusting useless flab!:D

Your all Banned from the Arch Forum:D

Grimes wrote:

1)Im the Archaeology Forum mod, havnt got a clue why it says Star Wars. Trying so hard to get it fixed

I'd just leave it. It looks cooler!

(presuming your mod-skillz are working though on archaeology)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Grimes wrote:

Your all Banned from the Arch Forum:D

Oh noooooo!please let me plead my case to unban me??the way i look at it im studying medicine which envolves looking at bones etc,and you archeoligsts also look at bones even if they are 500years older than the ones i look(even though you'd be suprised with some of the dinasours we have to treat in the mater).so that is my case pleaded....try and beat that MNG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I think its just the culture changed that makes some people want to go back! One moment your surrounded by 20000 18-22 year olds, the next you're 50 miles away with the family :D That said my family live right next to UCD so I can't really talk (although I can confirm that Belfield is ridiculously emplty and dead at the moment:) )

Advertisement