Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Passed my A+ and Network+ exams

• 26-12-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

After 36 weeks attending a FAS course, I have passed my A+ HW/SW and Network+ exams first time round.

I start 12 weeks of in-company training on 3rd Jan 06 with a company in Dublin city centre. Nothing like hands-on, real world problems...maintenance, repairing, upgrading and troubleshooting.

As Bertie said, "eh,eh,eh Alot done, more totototo do"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Well done did you find the exams tough ?? what did you use to study for these exams ? testkings??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Hi tech,

I did a previous course to the A+/N+ which was 22 weeks duration. It covered the basics of PC maintenance and networking. So by the end of it I could strip down and rebuild a PC, install cards, install OS, comfortably fix common problems (hardware), build PCs after a bit of research regarding which chips go with which mobos etc etc and do simple networking. (Qual is City & Guilds)

To get a better qualification i decided to go for A+ & N+. I found the hardware easy enough, 768/900. The software was tricky enough as I hadn't much exposure to the system files such as autoexec, io, msdos, ntldr and so on. But I did my best and got through it low 600s/900, i think

In fairness we did alot of networking basics in A+, so we were well prepared for the N+ section of the course. But in saying that, there was alot extra material to cover than just here's a NIC, a switch and a CAT5 cable.

We used testking sample questions for all 3 exams which I found helpful and also concise study guides which were also helpful.

As we all know, if you dont have the interest in what you are studying, what's the point! Don't just do it for the sake of doing something, do it so you can get employment from it or setup a business yourself.

CHeers

Advertisement