Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who won the Christmas TV battle yesterday?

• 26-12-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I was surprised by some of the schedule choices made by certain channels (Paramount had a "2 And A Half Men marathon - wtf?!) and overall there wasnt enough classic comedy - a bit of Father Ted or Only Fools wouldnt have went amiss after midnight.

RTE seemed to pull a bit of a coup with Pirates Of The Caribeen, it wasnt due on Network TV for another year - shame I got distracted with beer and food halfway through! ;)

BBC 1 had the best afternoon I thought with Top Of The Pops, into Shrek for the kids, into Toy Story 2 (I think)

Its the one day of the year built for lazy TV watching, what did you think of the lineups?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Once this topic would have really interested me but as I get older the less I care! Overall the Beeb had the stronger line up - you can't go far wrong with Toy Story 2, Eastenders, Two Ronnies from a ratings point of view.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im sure Killinascully pulled in a lot of viewers. What a load of crap that was last night. Wasn't one bit funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Eastenders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Doctor Who: The Christmas invasion was on last night. That was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

All in all a crap day for television

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stark wrote:

i would have liked to have seen that but the only thing i watched on television yesterday was some programme showing how they built wooden cranes in medieval times. very exciting i know but this house is taken over by soap operas every year so i avoid it like the plague

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Stark wrote:
    It was. And did anyone else try "Attack of the Graske"? It was the best Digital interactive piece I've ever seen.

The top ten yesterday

TOP 10 CHRISTMAS TV
    EastEnders BBC One (11m - 10.1m)
    Doctor Who BBC One (9.8m - 9.4m)
    Coronation Street ITV1 (9.8m - 9.4m)
    The Two Ronnies BBC One (9.4m - 7.9m)
    Shrek BBC One (7.6m - 6.7m)
    Emmerdale ITV1 (6.9m - 6.6m)
    Toy Story 2 BBC One (6.9m - 6.5m)
    Who Wants to be a Millionaire ITV1 (6.6m - 6.3m)
    BBC News 1845 bulletin BBC One (6.2m)
    The Queen's Christmas Message BBC One (6.2m)

As usual BBC wins

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

whats a real pity there is the two ronnies,it was the worst i've ever seen from them, how sad that it was ronnie barkers final appearance.
    but in comedy stakes you can always depend on the paddys (kinda) The unique dave allen which continues tonight on bbc2 was excellent.

I did'nt bother with Two Ronnies, I knew it would be grim. Dave Allen on the other hand does'nt get seen enough, like Spike Milligans Q series.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Atrocity wrote:
    All in all a crap day for television
    Killinascully was 100% crap.

Chicago was a master stroke as musicals are crap and are hated by generations.

I think TG4 was better than the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Dave Allen was the best thing on telly last night and that was seven years old !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

On RTE 2 there was a stand up comedy thing! That was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

mike65 wrote:
    The top ten yesterday

As usual BBC wins

The British Top Ten

In Ireland, as usual RTÉ wins.

By a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

On RTE 2 there was a stand up comedy thing! That was good
    Ye it was called "stop your killing me" and it was brilliant imo!!!Dara o' brien was good and des bishop aswell mybe it wasn that good because i was drunk and it seemed funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Channel hopped for most of the day (on my New LCD TV) building-up to the Christmas Invasion (Doctor Who) BBC1, shame it clashed with Pirates of the Carribbean (RTE2) but I suppose that Movie can be rented-out on DVD any old day .....................

See also the other forum: (RTE's Ringing in New Year Programme)!

Advertisement